Are there any grunge bands you just don't like?

This is a board for discussion about grunge on the whole. Stuff that doesn't relate to specific bands alone can go in here. Feel free to share with us how you discovered grunge and give your opinion as to what grunge is to you.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

redrum
Grunge fan

Re: Are there any grunge bands you just don't like?

Post by redrum »

As I said in my introduction topic I can't stand Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots. As for Pearl Jam it's all because of Eddie Vedder I think. I just can't handle his o-faces and orgasms while he sings. It is also completely impossible to understand anything that he sings. It justs sounds like he mumbles some words while having an orgasm. Their music is actually quite OK, and I really like the atmosphere on Ten, but Eddie's voice destroys the band for me.

Stone Temple Pilots may be even worse. The singer (don't care to know his name) sounds almost the same as Vedder. I know that this doesn't have anything to say, but I can't stand his look either, and I almost throw up to the music video of Sex Type Thing.

ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... »

redrum wrote:It is also completely impossible to understand anything that he sings. It justs sounds like he mumbles some words while having an orgasm.
buddy, you should hear Melvins :P
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

sadie

Post by sadie »

redrum wrote: Stone Temple Pilots may be even worse. The singer (don't care to know his name) sounds almost the same as Vedder. I know that this doesn't have anything to say, but I can't stand his look either, and I almost throw up to the music video of Sex Type Thing.
I don't agree with you on the PJ thing, but don't get me started on STP :lol: I have no idea why I can't stand them. Well, mostly Scott (?) that is.

But I do love me some Vedder <3 *sigh* That 'o-faces and orgasms' made me laugh so hard :lol:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

but Scott has an effing amazing voice!
:twisted:

sadie

Post by sadie »

But he's so slimy that it doesn't matter :lol:
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

i'd still eat him.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

<---is easily seduced by a pretty voice and a half decent talent to write a song... :oops:

sadie

Post by sadie »

To me the talent is enough, and I'm ready, just like that :twisted:

But then there's exceptions, like Scott and Jerry.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

why is everything bought back to sex?jeezus christ peeps!

(talent is sexay.*swoons*)

sadie

Post by sadie »

j-bug wrote:
(talent is sexay.*swoons*)
Cause of this.

And cause we're all dirty.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

i mean,honestly!sometimes it is so hawt here i am suprised the screen across the world aint melting!

Guillaume
Grunge fan

Post by Guillaume »

I hate SOUNDGARDEN !

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Guillaume wrote:I hate SOUNDGARDEN !
:shock:

In my younger days I would've unleashed the full fury of a die hard SG fan, but now I'll just ask you: how come?
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

slatesphanboi
Grunge maniac

Post by slatesphanboi »

Pearl Jam and (if you consider them grunge, because they were on 'Singles') Smashing Pumpkins.

I just always compare PJ to MLB and I just like MLB better. The only PJ album I like is 'Vs.' and the two songs on 'Singles'. They have this hard rock thing going on that I like and will listen to. The rest of PJs stuff is like they are trying to play wussy college radio music. Why would you try to sound like Pixies or Breeders if you can sound all hard rock and badass like on 'Vs.'??

Smashing Pumpkins... just so many issues with this band. I like 'Siamese Dream' and that is it. Everything else they have ever done Corgans voice has annoyed me on. Also they went in this total pretentious Art Rock direction and are just in general really stuck up. meh.
[img]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g408/slatesphanboi/Miscellaneous%20Five/Soundgarden-Live-To-Rise.jpg[/img]

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Have to take a stand for the Pumpkins here! Sure enough it's Corgan's thing and his alone, they've become sorta disorientated after Mellon Collie (although there are enough Pumpkins fans who will defend Machina or even Zeitgeist) and they really should have called it quits after their first breakup. But on the other hand they've always had this art rock thing going and they were one of the few alternative bands with a really really wide range from dream pop to metal-like stuff and goth influences all the way to grunge, and you just have to give them credit for that. Plus, if it's Corgan's voice that annoys you, how could you stand it on Siamese? :P
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?