Taylor Momsen

This is a board for discussion about grunge on the whole. Stuff that doesn't relate to specific bands alone can go in here. Feel free to share with us how you discovered grunge and give your opinion as to what grunge is to you.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Gigglesx0
Grunge maniac

Taylor Momsen

Post by Gigglesx0 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

Okay, so what do all of you think of Taylor Momsen attempting to re-inact Courtney Love or the old 90's grunge era.

For those of you who don't know who she is, She's the lead singer of "The Pretty Reckless." Was on Gossip girls, and played Cindy Lou Who in the Grinch.

See, personally, I "kinda like" her. But sometimes I find her attempt to be so "Rock and Roll" as kind of pathetic. I mean, it seems it should come natural. And her attempt at copying Joann Jett and Courtney love sometimes bugs me. I don't know, I like when artists are more original than sort of following trends. I believe she's okay though.

I don't know, I watched interviews on her, and I can't seem to truly "love" her personality. Opinions? :P

Hello, I'm Ellie andd...
I believe in Rock & Roll and the power to be an individual and be original. I will never belong to anyone.

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Re: Taylor Momsen

Post by SKUNCHBAG » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Gigglesx0 wrote:But sometimes I find her attempt to be so "Rock and Roll" as kind of pathetic. I mean, it seems it should come natural. I don't know, I like when artists are more original than sort of following trends.
that's why I don't like many postgrunge bands. I mean some are really cool and stuff but others are like trying way too hard to be and look grungey. But whatever that's just my messed up point of view.
sky above, voice within

Gigglesx0
Grunge maniac

Post by Gigglesx0 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

SKUNCHBAG wrote: that's why I don't like many postgrunge bands. I mean some are really cool and stuff but others are like trying way too hard to be and look grungey. But whatever that's just my messed up point of view.
Yepp. Same. That's not messed up at all, I agree.
Hello, I'm Ellie andd...
I believe in Rock & Roll and the power to be an individual and be original. I will never belong to anyone.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Man, it´s ridiculous trying to be somebody you´re not. If your try too hard to be like those you admire, you´re not worth being admired by someone else.

Creeper113
Grunge prophet

Post by Creeper113 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:31 pm

well she did give props to my two favorite authors Tolkein and King. Where is her music though?

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:12 pm

I was never really into her, and I thought it was weird she was in a grunge band yet on some show apparently about gossip, and tried out to be Hanna Montana but Miley got it, so essentially she would have been her had she gotten it, so I basically view her the way I view Miley covering Smells Like Teen Spirit and wearing Nirvana shirts, but a while ago I made a post on my new grunge bands page about female musicians, and a girl who follows my page said "the pretty reckless is run by a diva poser SLUT who i had the displeasure of working with." and "taylor momsen literally thinks shes gods gift to the world. opened for her band and her band mates ALL talked mad shit about her. its fuckin pathetic. she bought off her band. didnt even stay to watch our set and shes RUDE." so yeah I totally can't imagine liking her, and she really seems like she's trying to rip off Courtney Love with that whole attitude, and I'm sure she just wants attention.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

They've got like..1 good song?
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.

Beeswax
Grunge God

Post by Beeswax » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 am

They're pretty nice when you like to karaoke
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am

As you said, she should stop being a cretin and start acting naturally...unless she is a cretin. I wouldn't doubt that.

Gigglesx0
Grunge maniac

Post by Gigglesx0 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm

KristinNirvana wrote:I was never really into her, and I thought it was weird she was in a grunge band yet on some show apparently about gossip, and tried out to be Hanna Montana but Miley got it, so essentially she would have been her had she gotten it, so I basically view her the way I view Miley covering Smells Like Teen Spirit and wearing Nirvana shirts, but a while ago I made a post on my new grunge bands page about female musicians, and a girl who follows my page said "the pretty reckless is run by a diva poser SLUT who i had the displeasure of working with." and "taylor momsen literally thinks shes gods gift to the world. opened for her band and her band mates ALL talked mad shit about her. its fuckin pathetic. she bought off her band. didnt even stay to watch our set and shes RUDE." so yeah I totally can't imagine liking her, and she really seems like she's trying to rip off Courtney Love with that whole attitude, and I'm sure she just wants attention.
That's all so true. Also on Courtney Love's Twitter, she wrote something about Taylor Momsen copying her as being creepy and that Taylor was completely disturbing. So that proves that Taylor isn't even appealing to Courtney. Also, when it comes to Perez Hilton, he insults her often as well. Even though he had an interview with her, which he was apparently being fake as well. I would admire her a whole lot more if she would just be herself and maybe if the "Rock and Roll" in her was more natural and original, I'd be a fan.
Hello, I'm Ellie andd...

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:12 am

For the life of me I had 120 % forgotten about Taylor Momsen until I saw this thread.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 am

Last time I heard of Taylor Momsen was when her band was opening for Soundgarden on their tour and performed some songs for the tribute show.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:02 am

Matt Cameron posted yesterday a photo in Instagram from studio drumming, caption said "New jams with Taylor Momsen"
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.