Wayne's World Soundtrack!

This is a board for discussion about grunge on the whole. Stuff that doesn't relate to specific bands alone can go in here. Feel free to share with us how you discovered grunge and give your opinion as to what grunge is to you.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

Canucker
Grunge God

Wayne's World Soundtrack!

Post by Canucker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Were the rest of you aware that there is both Soundgarden AND Temple of the Dog in that movie? The Soundgarden tune made it on to some versions of the soundtrack release but Temple of the Dog didn't. I always felt like when that movie came out the music in it was really outdated....maybe by like a year but to me that was huge at the time. It seemed like ten percent away from being a hair metal movie......it was lacking spandex and makeup (as far as I could see). It was MASSIVE at the time but I think it would have been way bigger had it been out two years earlier.....and if it had come out another year later in the exact same form it would have gone un-noticed.....just my thoughts.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Re: Wayne's World Soundtrack!

Post by KristinNirvana » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:49 am

I didn't realize that! I haven't seen the movie in a while though.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 am

I hadn't watched it this century I think. I didn't even catch the second song to be honest. I was just like "hey that is the one song that sounds period correct!".

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:30 am

The only thing I knew about Wayne's World and their soundtrack was Bohemian Rhapsody :D
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:17 pm

that and Foxy Lady are really the ones that they wove into the movie....and kind of dream weaver.