Mark Lanegan releasing covers record "Imitations"

Talk about the formidable Screaming Trees, the first band I ever saw live (opening for Soul Asylum and Spin Doctors in the early 90s).

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Y2K-kyle

Mark Lanegan releasing covers record "Imitations"

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Via AlternativeNation.net

Mark Lanegan announced that he will be releasing his new covers album ‘Imitations’ on September 17, 2013. Lanegan discussed the emotional significance of the album in a statement:
“When I was a kid in the late sixties and early seventies, my parents and their friends would play the records of Andy Williams, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Perry Como, music with string arrangements and men singing songs that sounded sad whether they were or not. At home my folks were also listening to country music, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, George Jones and Vern Gosdin were some of our favorites. For a long time I’ve wanted to make a record that gave me the same feeling those old records did, using some of the same tunes I loved as a kid and some that I’ve loved as I have gotten older. This record is it. Imitations.”

Here's the link to the first song released from the record. I'm really digging where Mark is going on this :)

https://soundcloud.com/marklanegan/im-n ... oving-kind
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Y2K-kyle

Re: Mark Lanegan releasing covers record "Imitations"

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Here's a video for I'm Not The Loving Kind:

otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Y2K-kyle

Re: Mark Lanegan releasing covers record "Imitations"

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Here's an actual music video for I'm Not The Loving Kind. I really enjoyed it.

otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote: