NEW SCREAMING TREES ALBUM AUG 2 2011!!!

Talk about the formidable Screaming Trees, the first band I ever saw live (opening for Soul Asylum and Spin Doctors in the early 90s).

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Re: NEW SCREAMING TREES ALBUM AUG 2 2011!!!

Post by sodajerk93 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 pm

PJAICfan wrote:
Y2K-kyle wrote:You can also listen to the stream here: http://screamingtrees.net/media/

Funny thing as I listen to this: I love Mark, yet I didn't like the musical aspect of the Screaming Trees but thus far this last record sounds great!
whoa hold up a minute, you dont like the musical aspect of the screaming trees? wtf, the whole reason i got into the trees was the music, i still dont love marks solo as much as the trees work
Mmm same here, Mark's voice is what makes it for me but the music is incredible. Just listen to Julie Paradise... Or Flashes... Or any of 'em. The guitar is beautiful, and they got better when Barrett Martin started drumming.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:08 pm

sodajerk93 wrote:
PJAICfan wrote:
Y2K-kyle wrote:You can also listen to the stream here: http://screamingtrees.net/media/

Funny thing as I listen to this: I love Mark, yet I didn't like the musical aspect of the Screaming Trees but thus far this last record sounds great!
whoa hold up a minute, you dont like the musical aspect of the screaming trees? wtf, the whole reason i got into the trees was the music, i still dont love marks solo as much as the trees work
Mmm same here, Mark's voice is what makes it for me but the music is incredible. Just listen to Julie Paradise... Or Flashes... Or any of 'em. The guitar is beautiful, and they got better when Barrett Martin started drumming.
hell yeah! barrett martin is one of my favorite drummers. props for mentioning Julie Paradise, thats probably my favorite trees song
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Same here! So sad and yet so uplifting...
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Yeah, I don't know why I don't like some of the Trees' songs. Nearly Lost You is a song I can't listen to....but this final record is pretty awesome not going to lie.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 pm

What do you think the best tracks are so far?

"Final Words" the song, is pretty awesome.

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Y2K-kyle wrote:Yeah, I don't know why I don't like some of the Trees' songs. Nearly Lost You is a song I can't listen to....but this final record is pretty awesome not going to lie.
Really? I guess it's a little overplayed for me, but it's still a classic. Listening to it makes me think of when I first got into them around two or three years ago, and bought Sweet Oblivion based on that one song and I think Butterfly.

kurtdaniel
Grunge fanatic

Post by kurtdaniel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:22 am

Great album!!. I wish even the band puts out a single with a music video to give the album some promotion. Their first album actually is one of the reasons why i learn to play the guitar..