Mother Love Bone

Love rock extraordinaires! Between Malfunkshun and Pearl Jam there was Mother Love Bone.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Soundslave
Grunge guru

Post by Soundslave »

Easy to find. plenty of CDs on amazon at least. They're still performing now so their last album might not have been released that long ago. But their material from mid 80s to early 90s is the better stuff.
Eddie Vedder: Matt Cameron writes songs and we run to find step stools in order to reach his level. Did we mention he's the greatest drummer on the planet?

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Post by Mithaearon »

I love MLB, it's a shame that such talent was taken from us too soon. Their music is amazing. Still if tradegy hadnt of struck we wouldn't have Pearl Jam. Still wouldnt mind a DVD of all available live footage no matter how crumby it would be. Still thank god for youtube and mediaconverter.org means I can make my own bootleg DVD for such things.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

Mithaearon wrote:I love MLB, it's a shame that such talent was taken from us too soon. Their music is amazing. Still if tradegy hadnt of struck we wouldn't have Pearl Jam. Still wouldnt mind a DVD of all available live footage no matter how crumby it would be. Still thank god for youtube and mediaconverter.org means I can make my own bootleg DVD for such things.
A DVD is already made.
But I think it's more of a documentry on Andy Wood than it was on MLB. Not sure if it was released yet though....I seen a clips from the live shows. It looks well done, But all we can do is cross out fingers that it releases.

Mr_faded_glory
Grunge fan

Re: Mother Love Bone

Post by Mr_faded_glory »

Wow Mother Love Bone is my favourite band ever... Andrew Wood has the greatest voice and the lyrics are orgasmic sometimes. Best song is prolly Bone chine, reminds me off my girlfriend...in a bad way.
If you dont believe the sun will rise, stand alone and greet the coming night in the last remaining light

-Chris Cornell

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

3rd!!!

i was watching an interview with Andrew and it made me realy sad.he was saying that he wanted to play stadium gigs and stuff.and Pearl Jam went on and did it... :(
:twisted:

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

My favorite song is "Capricorn Sister"
-Its the only song i know that talks about mastubartion, freddie mercury, and eucalptus. all in one.

-its a shame about andrew wood though, he oozed andriginy. but on the bright side it gave birth to a great band.

did you know him and chris cornell of soundgarden were roomates?
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

yuh huh.
i knew that hence Chris Cornell forming Temple Of The Dog with former MLB and soon to be PJ members,named after a line from MLB Man Of Golden Words.
:twisted:

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

yea, i just thought it was cool how all the guys found success and were all good friends.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

rocknroller99
Grunge fanatic

Post by rocknroller99 »

This is Shangrila, Stardog Champion...

sarah
Grunge master

Post by sarah »

hooray! cheers to the new mlb forum!

anyways, my favorite songs would probably be this is shangrila, holy roller, and of course, chloe dancer/crown of thorns. great band, i love most of their songs-
drop the leash,
we are young-

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns. Easily.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

Beeswax
Grunge God

Post by Beeswax »

Is there actually a biography of MLB? If not, I'll make some time in the future and write one :wink:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]

GoldenWords
Grunge fan

Re:

Post by GoldenWords »

Soundslave wrote:has anyone heard of 'The cult'? I picked up their album called 'Love', released in the mid 1980s and I've noticed that they sound similar to MLB. Anyone who's a fan of MLB should check out The Cult, they are really good.
Hi,
new here and first post. Was scanning the section and thought you like to know that "The Cult" wrote a song with lyrics about Andy and Kurt.

Kurt Cobain was so young
Sad to see this poet's gone
Andrew Wood was so young
It's hard to feel this priest is gone

Sacred Life

DK
[url=http://kuriakon00.com/andy/][img]http://kuriakon00.com/images/mlb.jpg[/img][/url]

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Dude, thanks for the info and a warm welcome to you! :D Why don't you head over to the Intro section and tell us a little about yourself? And don't forget to post in the Profile Thread while you're there :)

By the way, I'm Jan from Germany, nice to meet you! :mrgreen:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

That was an amazing quote.....I think I have to put that in my sig.