Mother Love Bone

Love rock extraordinaires! Between Malfunkshun and Pearl Jam there was Mother Love Bone.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Post by grungefan550 »

Agreed. Man of Golden Words is worthy of it's own section...
I'm a big mother love bone fan!!

m0n0xide
Grunge fanatic

Post by m0n0xide »

MLB rocked..definately need their own section

my fav song at the moment is Stardog Champion

Alice_Staley
Grunge fanatic

Post by Alice_Staley »

I love Mother Love Bone! If Andy Wood had lived a little more he would've certainly become a genius... and more people would've appreciated his amazing talent and voice!

My favorite songs are:
This is shangri la
Man of Golden words
Gentle groove
Choe-dancer/Crown Of Thorns
We Chase Misprinted Lies
We Face The Path Of Time
And Yet I Fight
And Yet I Fight
This Battle All Alone
No One To Cry To
No Place To Call Home

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Bands With MLB influence

Post by grungefan550 »

what bands do you think took alot of influence from Mother Love Bone...I mean MLB, not Pearl Jam?
And Your Body Shakes...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I especially like Waiting for you (rare?), Stardog champion, Bone china and Chloe dancer/crown of thorns

AND Stargazer, Man of golden words and Gentle groove are also amazing!

Actually: I like the whole Apple album. And all the rest ...:p

Anyone her knows Waiting for you?

Djennik

Post by Djennik »

MLB is pretty good but I would give them a section in grungers like.. I don't count them in real grunge bands..
Who controls the past now, controls the future

junkhead55
Grunge fan

Post by junkhead55 »

yeah man... mother love bone should have its section in main bands!
but anyway they are awesome, I wish they had recorded more albums before Andrew Wood died R.I.P.
My favourite songs are; stargazer, gentle groove, man of golden words and crown of thorns
"But we are an elite race of our own,
The stoners, junkies and freaks."

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

I totally love Mother Love Bone.....But I don't get why in there Shine EP, Apple, and Stardog Champion all the songs are the same....Can someone please tell me why?

SayHello2Heaven

Yeah I knew aboout the reson for Stardog Champion but Shine and Apple have the same songs with only one new track on each album.

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Post by grungefan550 »

Shine and the Apple versions are different, if you downloaded it, you have a wrong copy, they just took the Stardog Champion comp and took the songs from there and made it into those 2 albums....i bought Apple, Shine and Stardog and well, exculding Stardog, the versions are different, plus there is a couple different tracks if i can remeber right..but yeah, buy em....
And Your Body Shakes...

SayHello2Heaven

Yeah I downloaded them.....I really should buy them.

Soundslave
Grunge guru

Post by Soundslave »

I searched through all their CDs on amazon and found one double disc collection that has all the songs off the discs your mentioning. Thats the one i have. Its awsome. 19 tracks of MLB. I only bought it cos of Temple of the Dog but it was totally worth the money
Eddie Vedder: Matt Cameron writes songs and we run to find step stools in order to reach his level. Did we mention he's the greatest drummer on the planet?

SayHello2Heaven

Soundslave wrote:I searched through all their CDs on amazon and found one double disc collection that has all the songs off the discs your mentioning. Thats the one i have. Its awsome. 19 tracks of MLB. I only bought it cos of Temple of the Dog but it was totally worth the money
I just found Apple in a Barnes & Noble near my home....heheh way weird cause it was for 2 bucks....I bought it of course :D

Soundslave
Grunge guru

Post by Soundslave »

has anyone heard of 'The cult'? I picked up their album called 'Love', released in the mid 1980s and I've noticed that they sound similar to MLB. Anyone who's a fan of MLB should check out The Cult, they are really good.
Eddie Vedder: Matt Cameron writes songs and we run to find step stools in order to reach his level. Did we mention he's the greatest drummer on the planet?

SayHello2Heaven

Have they released a CD, cassette or vinyl?
I would look for it no doubt :D