Roots

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

treborillusion
Grunge fanatic
Location: Thornton Heath, London Borough of Croydon / Soho, City of Westminster, GB

Roots

Post by treborillusion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 pm

I saw the original this week for the first time, I'd heard of it but never watched it until now; I saw the original 1977 one, then part 6/The happy end of Roots: The Next Generation,

then this 1978 special about Roots;

and then the next day I saw Roots: The Gift (1988) (Christmas Special Roots style).. Last night I started watching the new Roots 2016, but it's clear to me that I much prefer the 1977 original.

j-bug
Site Admin

Re: Roots

Post by j-bug » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Try the book.
:twisted:

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:46 am

I'm ashamed to admit, but I haven't watched it. I have kind of flashbacks from when I was younger (which would make sense, cause my dad used to show us everything from Ghostbusters to Twin Peaks to Poltergeist) so I might have watched it with him.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

treborillusion
Grunge fanatic
Location: Thornton Heath, London Borough of Croydon / Soho, City of Westminster, GB

Post by treborillusion » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:17 am

It seems to me, if anyone loves Star Trek, they'd love Roots: The Gift.

One scene I swear could pass for a Star Trek crossover (through time) (-as it's set in the past and features a member of TNG cast younger with cast members from DS9 & Voyager) in 1988.