Documentaries

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Re: Documentaries

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Oh, I don't think that's a documentary as much as it is a dramatization.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Re:

Post by KristinNirvana » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:39 am

Isa wrote:.
^Oh no, we have another one of these people that decided to delete all their posts. Did they just have internet paranoia?

On topic, besides the obvious rock related ones like Hype! I like...
Earthlings
Vegucated
Speciesism the Movie
Cowspiracy
Forks Over Knives
The Ghosts in Our Machine
Blackfish
The Cove
there's probably more but that's all I can think of right now.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:40 pm

Speaking of documentaries, in my Broadcast Media class we had Jesse Epstein, who has directed documentaries, and talk to us and we watched her documentaries. To be fair they were short films, but were pretty cool.

Just looked them up and if anyone is interested:

Wet Dreams and False Images, The Guarantee , & 34x25x36
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Pennyroyaltea wrote:Oh, I don't think that's a documentary as much as it is a dramatization.
The People v. O.J Simpson is just a T.V. show but they have been having a ton of actual documentaries on it lately which are more interesting than the FX show.

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Grunge_Chick wrote:
Pennyroyaltea wrote:Oh, I don't think that's a documentary as much as it is a dramatization.
The People v. O.J Simpson is just a T.V. show but they have been having a ton of actual documentaries on it lately which are more interesting than the FX show.
That show sucks. I watched it to fall asleep

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Ferglius wrote:
Grunge_Chick wrote:
You're just jealous you don't have a catchy saying like "the juice is loose"

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 pm

It's true. All I've heard was Turd Ferguson

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Ferglius wrote:It's true. All I've heard was Turd Ferguson
Not nearly as clever as O.J's.

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:12 pm

Ferglius wrote:
Grunge_Chick wrote:
Idk man, I think this is one of those trainwrecks I need to see. The way they've just been pandering to the Kardashians. I hear WAY too much about them on a mini series on OJ?

FOREVER!

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:40 pm

Pennyroyaltea wrote:Idk man, I think this is one of those trainwrecks I need to see. The way they've just been pandering to the Kardashians. I hear WAY too much about them on a mini series on OJ?
There really isn't much about the Kardashians, except Robert Kardashian who was one of O.J's attorneys and best friend. He had a huge part in the case and the show seems to be more about the attorney's than O.J. himself. There are a few mentions of the other Kardashians but nothing major, just when it pertains to the case. O.J. did try to kill himself in Kim's bedroom which is included. They even had it decorated with wonderful 90s boy band posters.

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Pennyroyaltea wrote:Idk man, I think this is one of those trainwrecks I need to see. The way they've just been pandering to the Kardashians. I hear WAY too much about them on a mini series on OJ?
And it was a train wreck. One I watched twenty years ago when it aired :P

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Lol but you know what I mean. I'm deeply intrested in true crime and it's funny to watch a show butcher it.

FOREVER!

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:34 am

Watched yesterday

Just Melvin, Just Evil About abuse, awful. Shows what abuse does to people. And still in the end, it's family.

Cropsey About Staten Islands boogeyman. I don't know what to say much. I was more interested in Willowbrook State Hospital ad Pilgrim State than the story itself, cause I think trying to find the truth at this point is useless. It's been too long, and the legend is too strong to separate it from the true person and what actually was.

Dear Zachary:A Letter To A Son About His Father I cried and cried. And I also laughed and laughed, cause it shows how much family and friends mean. Horrible horrible story and you just feel so angry at points.

The Bridge About Golden Gate's suicide jumpers. I was amazed how little emotion the first suicide sparkled. Someone had decided to die, and it was filmed, and it was visually very.. I don't wanna say unexciting but I can't figure out anything else. I mean the whole situation is very dramatic and the act changes lots and lots of life's and then it was visually just a hop over the railing and gone. You know? And another thing I noticed, how calmly the families and friends talked about things, like they were at peace with the whole thing. It shows me how complex the whole situation is. Family and friends can fight for you only for so long, and at the end they love you so much they know you might be better off. Idk. This was emotionally confusing for me, for obvious reasons.

The Jinx HBO mini series of Robert Durst. Amazing. I laughed a lot, cause it's so unbeliavable! I recommend for everyone, funny and visually pleasing.

Today I'm gonna watch the rest of the jinx, There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane, Suicide Forest In Japan and maybe few other things. I'll tell you all about the later :)
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 pm

This OJ Simpson business has given me cravings for orange juice.

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:57 pm

The Jinx is on Sky at the mo. Watched about half an episode but then I started talking to Roman about Austrian comedy.