The cinema thread!

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Schneider
Grunge God

Re: The cinema thread!

Post by Schneider » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:58 am

Isa wrote:It's always annoying to hear or read people say comments that seem harsh or unfair.
No it isn't.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 pm

FeedMyEyes wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:11 pm
I've been watching a few of the Oscar nominees recently (not at the cinema, mind). I thought Her was excellent, sharing some traits with the likes of Lost in Translation and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in that it takes something of a melancholy approach to the issue of relationships, especially in the future.
Stumbled across this because I actually watched Her for the first time only a month ago :) I thought it was less about that "disembodied female fantasy" as if that was a good way and much more about the protagonist's inability to a) commit to a relationship and b) accept his own part in ruining it, both with a real life partner and even with a disembodied female fantasy creation. Made me think a lot about what I did wrong in my marriage for sure :|

Also I recently watched Terminator Dark Fate (loved the three kickass female leads!) and Ad Astra (great space version of Heart of Darkness!), plus a number of movies my kids made me see :roll: :lol:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm

For me, I've been adventuring to the cinema now and honestly nothing is more exciting than watching Star Wars in a theater. Watching Rogue One in the theater had me feel things I haven't felt in watching a movie in the theater, missed out on TFA when it was in the theater.

Straight up, I have loved every Star Wars movie when I watched it in the theater. Great time.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Well yes, Rogue One was a superb cinematic experience! I'm a little conflicted about Episode 9, hope it will turn out good without disowning Ep 8 (screw the haters :P )
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:02 pm

I'm sure Rise of Skywalker will be fine. I'm excited but keeping expectations low. Plus there's all the Star Wars content like The Mandalorian. So hyped.
otherimprov wrote:

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Has anybody got Disney Plus and watched the Mandalorian?? The interwebz is totally gushing on it!

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:44 pm

incessantmace wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 pm
Has anybody got Disney Plus and watched the Mandalorian?? The interwebz is totally gushing on it!
I will after it has time to calm down and not have servers down :lol:
otherimprov wrote: