Watching the VMA's

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Canucker
Grunge God

Watching the VMA's

Post by Canucker »

are these people for real? where they hatched from pods or are they just really seriously that insincere? I wanted this award I tweeted about it so much! Really? Seriously? I think I'm an alien in this world.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Re: Watching the VMA's

Post by KristinNirvana »

Xana just posted this on facebook http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/the- ... rus-vma-pe
I'm glad I missed it.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Not going to lie, I think the ONLY good thing about the VMA's this year was the brief N'SYNC reunion. That's it.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Beeswax
Grunge God

Post by Beeswax »

Miley Cyrus' performance was painful to watch... I think I'm traumatized... :weird:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola »

Y2K-kyle wrote:Not going to lie, I think the ONLY good thing about the VMA's this year was the brief N'SYNC reunion. That's it.
Best 4 seconds of the night.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

From Christopher Titus's Twitter:

"After Hanna Montana's clit rubbing spectacle at the VMA's I realized what a princess Courtney Love really is." :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Elektra Foxx
Grunge maniac

Post by Elektra Foxx »

It's no dfferent than 20 years ago. It's been always like that.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I really don't know why I felt happy for Nsync in reguards to that...I mean happy for them not myself. Kind of like When The NewKids came back and were successful with it. I mean I ripped on that band mercilessly the first time around.
As for it was always that way...was it the VMa's or The American Music Awards where Gn'r came on piss loaded and swore all of they're thank yous? That was at least entertaining and a band that used guitars. I don't even care about that so much...its just everyone acting like they like each other and respect each others work. You swear they get shocked by they're seats to force a standing ovation....during an acceptance speach they show the faces in the crowd of the people who got beat out and they all have shit eating grins on they're faces...there is no variety they all behave the same and it comes off really forced. Not that I expected any different...just hoping.

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

Y2K-kyle wrote:Not going to lie, I think the ONLY good thing about the VMA's this year was the brief N'SYNC reunion. That's it.
True. The 10 year old girl inside of me was excited for that. I saw that and unfortunately saw the Miley Cyrus performance. She is trying WAY too hard but then again, her plan worked. We are all talking about her and she is getting a ton of attention. When other performers are reacting to the "WTF" moment, you know it is bad.

es-cee
Grunge maniac

Post by es-cee »

Don't watch those shows, as i'm not a fan of any of the music, or artists. I did see a brief clip, of Miley Cyrus's performance though. I'd say her family are so proud her, she's truly a great role-model, for young teenage girls the world over :roll: :lol:

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

es-cee wrote:Don't watch those shows, as i'm not a fan of any of the music, or artists. I did see a brief clip, of Miley Cyrus's performance though. I'd say her family are so proud her, she's truly a great role-model, for young teenage girls the world over :roll: :lol:

More proud of that then her dads hair and hit back in the day? Hard to imagine. I'm surprised they haven't yet dubbed her "Baby Gaga".....you heard it here first!

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

The glorification of the bizarre is one of the important qualities of generation why, together with cynicism and douchebaggery, it is one of the key concepts to better understand the mind of the youth. Such a mental effort, however, would require much too much time; 'Tis not worth the while to understand these sycophant. Thus, I propose a better course of action: Kill it with fire.
sky above, voice within

harrytruman
Grunge maniac

Post by harrytruman »

why are you watching vma mtv stop playing grunge rock music videos in 90's
[quote="incessantmace"]No. He was there before Earth Itself was created. He Is the One who commands the Old Ones in shock and awe simply by being. Eons shrink to mere instants before Him, and Eternity itself is dwarfed by His sheer Existence. He Is, Was and Shall Forever Be, because Life and Death and Matter and Space and Time rest upon the Cosmic Entity of Entities that is Him. harrytruman.[/quote]

sadie

Post by sadie »

I have no idea why it's such a big deal. Nearly all young female stars have done the same. But yeah, we can shame this young girl for being partly naked and doing what they want. No, not a Miley fan, but fan of people getting to decide what they do.

And yes, let's put Miley on the front page of every magazine so we don't have to think about Syria for example.

I wish people were as mad about wars than they are about young girls dancing in their underwear and making their own decisions.

And yes, wmas suck.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

Freedom and stupidity aren't the same thing.
sky above, voice within