What kind of TV shows are you watching?

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Scarabola
Grunge God

Re: What kind of TV shows are you watching?

Post by Scarabola » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Fuck, I've always wanted to watch Deadwood. It takes place in South Dakota, which is too awesome.

Other shows I've been wanting to watch: Oz, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad.

Shows I'm currently watching (in order of first ep to last ep):

Buffy
Renegade
Sons of Anarchy
Legend of Korra
Gravity Falls

Shows that I watch regularly:

IASIP
Key and Peele
Workaholics
Futurama

CurlyFry
Grunge fan

Post by CurlyFry » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Daria
Firefly
Wolf's Rain
Luxury Comedy
Please check out and like my friend's band: Intrepid
http://www.facebook.com/Intrepidtheband

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:08 pm

For me, it's predominately:

Doctor Who(Classic and Modern :D)
Torchwood
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Futurama
The Daily Show
Colbert Report
South Park
Workaholics
The Burn with Jeff Ross

That's to name a few, but since I've been on Netflix, I recently finished watching Party Animals. That should of had another season, but then Matt Smith would of not been the next Doctor!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:51 pm

The next few shows I'm gonna watch are The Sopranos, Oz, Boardwalk Empire (season 3), and Treme. I don't have any desire to see Sons of Anarchy or the Walking Dead or True Blood, and unfortunately Game of Thrones, despite being extremely well written and shot according to my friends, is like a neatly ground up sausage made with the two ingredients I can't stand for long periods of time: British accents and medieval/earlier fantasy. Can't do it, wish I could because a lot of British stuff is awesome.

If anyone here is interested in a good show, I sincerely urge you to watch the Wire. Stop whatever you are currently watching and watch the Wire all the way through. It's got 5 seasons and you can probably get all of them at your local library if you're from America in the DVD section. It is the most cohesive creation I have ever experienced in my life. I like it more than I like my favorite albums.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 am

Slugg wrote:If anyone here is interested in a good show, I sincerely urge you to watch the Wire. Stop whatever you are currently watching and watch the Wire all the way through. It's got 5 seasons and you can probably get all of them at your local library if you're from America in the DVD section. It is the most cohesive creation I have ever experienced in my life. I like it more than I like my favorite albums.
I second this. I first watched it about four years ago and I just got round to getting boxed set just before Christmas because it is definitely a show you will have to watch at least twice as there is stuff going on that totally passes you by the first time round as you get swept up with the stories. I'm on series (season) 3 at the moment.

I did Sopranos from start to finish for the first time last year and thought from start to finish it was fantastic.

Paul, if you haven't seen John From Cincinnati yet I think you'd really enjoy. Same goes for Deadwood, for me Deadwood is firmly in my second place position after The Wire for favourite poetry. The writing is superb and the characters are fantastic. Twin Peaks would have taken second had Lynch not lost interest during the making of the second series and let it go a little too far off road.

With regards to Game Of Thrones I did enjoy it a bit but having read the first 3 books in the series I didn't find it grim and dirty enough. I think when you have to shoot a show that's on the kind of scale there is always going to be something that suffers, and in this case there are moments where it feels like a made-for-tv-movie – like the sets might blow down at any minute. It's the same with LOTR, Peter Jackson did an near perfect job creating Middle Earth on screen but neglected to actually direct any of the actors so you ended up with very wooden performances from actors who have proved themselves more than capable in other films.
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:15 am

Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 am

^That is exactly how it looks like.

Gerrit
Grunge guru

Post by Gerrit » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 pm

I haven't seen any of the new shows. Yeah, I lead a boring life~ :P
Learnalilgivinandlovin
ImageImage

es-cee
Grunge maniac

Post by es-cee » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Just started watching Sons Of Anarchy, on Netflix, and i have to say i like it a lot. Other shows i'm into include, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Game Of Thrones (which i only started watching recently as well), Modern Family, Love/Hate. Any kind of documentary (especially with the legend, Sir David Attenborough!), also really like Ross Kemp's shows on gangs etc. Still watch Friends the odd time, watched Anger Management's 1st season, although wasn't really taken by it tbh, but i suppose it'll grow on me the way Two & A Half Men did. Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead would be my favourites though, can't wait for both to start back up. And sports, love my sports!

sadie

Post by sadie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Black Books.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 am

Y2K-kyle wrote:For me, it's predominately:

Torchwood
My best friend Tom worked on Dr Who and Torchwood as props manager (and other stuff too - he once had to drive from Cradiff to London because one of the producers was travelling on the Eurostar and forgot her passport)... here he is with Tennant (long haired guy on the right).

Sometimes when they had a scene where a CGI character was going to be added in post-production he would read the characters lines with the actors. I think he's in a Torchwood episode too, playing poo in the background or something.
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:20 am

I was JUST about to write that we got the first two seasons of Doctor Who on DVD as a gift and we bloody LOVE it! Great minds think alike, eh Jimbo mate? :mrgreen:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 am

i just discovered breaking bad. that show is addictive! pun intended

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Zodiac_n_Black wrote:
Y2K-kyle wrote:For me, it's predominately:

Torchwood
My best friend Tom worked on Dr Who and Torchwood as props manager (and other stuff too - he once had to drive from Cradiff to London because one of the producers was travelling on the Eurostar and forgot her passport)... here he is with Tennant (long haired guy on the right).

Sometimes when they had a scene where a CGI character was going to be added in post-production he would read the characters lines with the actors. I think he's in a Torchwood episode too, playing poo in the background or something.
That lucky SOB! I LOVE DAVID TENNANT! Seriously, I watched other movies he did cause HE was in them. My favorite he did was Casanova. That was funny, but Netflix removed it from streaming. Assholes.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 pm