The Walking Dead series

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

es-cee
Grunge maniac

Re: The Walking Dead series

Post by es-cee »

I'm looking forward, to season 4 myself. I thought last season, was a bit of an anticlimax the way it panned out. Started off, with loads of action, and tapered off fairly quickly, after 3 or 4 episodes. Season 2 was a bit of a bore also, with the whole farm angle, a bit like Little House On The Prairie :lol: Hopefully this season, will be more action packed.
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

How do you feel about this season? I've been rather disappointed. There seems to be a lack of believable story line between the characters and it's been easy for me to loose interest. This past episode (3/16) at least seemed to be more on track with believability between the characters (I will try to avoid spoilers), at least in my opinion, but still was somewhat slow.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

I'm behind :lol: I'll either catch up over spring break or just wait until the new season starts back up and watch the marathon of the seasons. It's just getting hard to watch it these days now, especially when my roommates is one of those such a fan that he unintentionally ruins the show for you.

BUT that's just me :P
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
es-cee
Grunge maniac

Post by es-cee »

Grunge_Chick wrote:How do you feel about this season? I've been rather disappointed. There seems to be a lack of believable story line between the characters and it's been easy for me to loose interest. This past episode (3/16) at least seemed to be more on track with believability between the characters (I will try to avoid spoilers), at least in my opinion, but still was somewhat slow.

I've all but completely lost interest in this show. For a show that had so much potential starting out, the writers really have lost their way. I wouldn't miss it, if this was the last season tbh, far better shows (imo of course) on TV.
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

I'll admit I actually got choked up on this past episode. It was emotionally draining in a good way.
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah »

Most of the way through season 4 at the moment. Anyone else reading the graphic novels? I've gotten through 17 so far.
[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?
http://www.sextoys.co.uk/cat_Dildos.asp?dept=0?dealer=2035[/quote]
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

Mr.BananaYeah wrote:Most of the way through season 4 at the moment. Anyone else reading the graphic novels? I've gotten through 17 so far.
I havent read them yet but really would love to!
boxcar wrote:I'll admit I actually got choked up on this past episode. It was emotionally draining in a good way.
I had a feeling that those deaths would happen but not in that way. I am actually glad there was a little bit of shock value, something that I think has been lacking as well as an effective and engaging storyline. They keep exploring human emotion but it has been a bit boring the way they have been doing it. This was something a bit more unique.
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

The deaths were surprising and well done but the part that got me was after the deaths. The moment between Ty and Carroll.When she comes clean with him and he had a choice to make. It was cathartic to watch the actor handle it like he did. To me, that scene was more so to the point of the whole episode. I read a small fact that the puzzle they were working on while staying at the house was actually a picture of Sophia when completed by the crew after wrap. Just a small subliminal thing placed in these to add more meaning to the scenes. Cool stuff.

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Season 5 premieres tonight, or now as I am typing.

What are y'all's thoughts about the premiere, or has most people fallen off the Walking Dead bandwagon?
otherimprov wrote:
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

I watched it. It's still fun.
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

We just started watching it. I don't really care about zombies, but I like the story-line of people learning to survive when the world as they knew it is over. It kind of reminds me of Lost, and maybe Jurassic Park, and possibly The Twilight Zone episodes that have themes like that, such as The Monsters are Due on Maple Street and The Shelter.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

KristinNirvana wrote:We just started watching it. I don't really care about zombies, but I like the story-line of people learning to survive when the world as they knew it is over. It kind of reminds me of Lost, and maybe Jurassic Park, and possibly The Twilight Zone episodes that have themes like that, such as The Monsters are Due on Maple Street and The Shelter.
A lot of times i end up defending this show telling people it's not really about zombies, its about relationships and how people deal with extreme situations. The zombies are generally just a nuisance that is always looming but its the people who are really dangerous.
Grunge guru

Post by seefootagestaynoided »

Is this fad still a thing?
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

boxcar wrote:
KristinNirvana wrote:We just started watching it. I don't really care about zombies, but I like the story-line of people learning to survive when the world as they knew it is over. It kind of reminds me of Lost, and maybe Jurassic Park, and possibly The Twilight Zone episodes that have themes like that, such as The Monsters are Due on Maple Street and The Shelter.
A lot of times i end up defending this show telling people it's not really about zombies, its about relationships and how people deal with extreme situations. The zombies are generally just a nuisance that is always looming but its the people who are really dangerous.
Yeah that sounds about right.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

seefootagestaynoided wrote:Is this fad still a thing?
I wouldn't say it's a fad, but the popularity makes it continue on. It's an alright show but I haven't enjoyed it has much as used to when I watched season one.
otherimprov wrote: