Movies you love, that everyone else hates

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Narzia
Grunge fanatic

Re: Movies you love, that everyone else hates

Post by Narzia »

winston smith wrote:
Narzia wrote:
winston smith wrote:no, gummo was directed by harmony korine... guys` movies are mostly quirky, but yet somewhat idiotic... gus van sant is a good director, but I can`t stand some of his hipster-emo-oriented movies, it`s just fucking disgusting :lol:
Oops, my mistake! I don't know why I thought it was GVS...
I haven't thought the moves i've seen of his were "hipster-emo-oriented".. which do you mean?
nah, mostly stuff like last days, elephant or paranoid park... that`s a bit too much for me :mrgreen:
Paranoid Park was a bit dull.. The other two I think are fantastic. I'm not an emo hipster though :) I don't like things that are pretentious.. but I think GVS knows what he is doing; he IS something, rather than pretending/trying to be something. I tooootally see why people wouldn't like those movies though. I hate when fans say "You don't get it", as if they're somehow elite and deep. It's just we all have different taste.

winston smith
Grunge guru

Post by winston smith »

Narzia wrote:
winston smith wrote:
Narzia wrote: Oops, my mistake! I don't know why I thought it was GVS...
I haven't thought the moves i've seen of his were "hipster-emo-oriented".. which do you mean?
nah, mostly stuff like last days, elephant or paranoid park... that`s a bit too much for me :mrgreen:
Paranoid Park was a bit dull.. The other two I think are fantastic. I'm not an emo hipster though :) I don't like things that are pretentious.. but I think GVS knows what he is doing; he IS something, rather than pretending/trying to be something. I tooootally see why people wouldn't like those movies though. I hate when fans say "You don't get it", as if they're somehow elite and deep. It's just we all have different taste.
well "you don`t get it" people are usually hipsters :lol: I guess that`s their nature :mrgreen: anyway, I`ve seen a lot of movies, I`m studying the theory of film, critique and stuff, but still, I will always prefer horror comedies, noirs and SF movies... maybe that`s one of the reasons why I don`t tolerate van sant`s movies, although will hunting and milk are brilliant... I`m just looking for something different and new, even in dramas... and that modern teenage life is really plain boring, at least to me :wink2:

Logan Ruckman
Grunge maniac

Post by Logan Ruckman »

cupid_come_as_u_r wrote:The live action Super Mario Bros. :oops:
I feel the same way. It's so bad, it's awesome!
Check Out Happy Katana- http://happykatana.wordpress.com

TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Post by TheBrothersMudd »

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
yep

kimdread
Grunge fan

Post by kimdread »

I showed to some people the movie into the wild and they said : THIS IS BORINGGGG!!!!

I dont think so, I think it is a movie with a briliant mind that have to be seen! realy.

BE WILD AND FREE

cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r »

Pulp Fiction.

frell
Grunge guru

Post by frell »

cupid_come_as_u_r wrote:Pulp Fiction.
I haven't really heard too many people hate on this film. Then again it doesn't surprise me at the same time.
[img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/darkstarz25/brainofjfk.jpg[/img]