Star Wars

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

incessantmace
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars

Post by incessantmace » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 am

Rogue One made me forget about the reactionary self-important pseudo-punk rock misogynist libertarian assholes ruining the world (you know who you are) for two hours and I have to give the movie credit for that.

Also, you may find twisted satisfaction in watching the world burn, but the Force will never be with you. However:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Fuck yes to that mantra! Just saw it today and I am still smiling about the movie. :mrgreen:

And it looks like the Master is back. 'Bout time. ;)
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Y2K-kyle wrote:Fuck yes to that mantra! Just saw it today and I am still smiling about the movie. :mrgreen:

And it looks like the Master is back. 'Bout time. ;)
Fuck yes to that mantra indeed! And fuck yes it's a great bold movie!

I will never leave, Kyle. Ever :ugeek:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:09 pm

That is good to hear Master Jan. I was not fond of contacting you personally to get you coming here. :lol:
otherimprov wrote:

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:04 am

I'm just excited for the Star Wars where this guy is a young Lando Calrissian.
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 am

Y2K-kyle wrote:That is good to hear Master Jan. I was not fond of contacting you personally to get you coming here. :lol:
I sensed a disturbance in the Force :ugeek:

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:37 am

incessantmace wrote:
Y2K-kyle wrote:That is good to hear Master Jan. I was not fond of contacting you personally to get you coming here. :lol:
I sensed a disturbance in the Force :ugeek:
At this point you have seen the disturbance. :ugeek:
otherimprov wrote:

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:08 am

Welp, RIP Carrie Fisher, 2016 really is a crazy year.
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:31 pm

PunkingtonGrunge wrote:Welp, RIP Carrie Fisher, 2016 really is a crazy year.
Well, the fact that she had cardiac arrest while on a plane that took 15 minutes to land did not help with her odds of survival sadly.

It's just a bummer but wasn't really surprised. I think everyone's reaction to 2016 being the celebrity killer is hilarious though. RIP Carrie Fischer.
PunkingtonGrunge wrote:I'm just excited for the Star Wars where this guy is a young Lando Calrissian.
That I AM excited to see as well.
otherimprov wrote:

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:39 am

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Hamill was very entertaining with his answers, but there was no point where he said he was disappointed. He shows his views but nothing too severe. I did like his commenting on Rey hasn't been/finished training and acknowledging that Luke didn't finish his when going to save his friends.

I will admit that I liked his idea of the potential reveal of Luke catching the lightsaber, that would of been cool.

Despite the shit editing to make it look like Hamill not liking TFA, he had some cool ideas and was pretty great. The actual Q&A he did was probably better as a whole.

Shame on the dude who edited this to go with the "TFA sucked!" yeah yeah, we get it you edgy and didn't like it stop hating and let people who like it be. As the man himself said this trilogy is about Finn, Rey, and Poe.
otherimprov wrote:

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 am

I watched the whole 1 hour Q&A right after I watched that clip, and the reason he was disappointed was because of all the preparation he'd gone through and the hype he felt only to find out he takes his hood off at the end of the film. He's a pretty funny and entertaining guy, so if you feel like you wanna watch all of it, here it is.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:54 am

I plan on watching it later, it seemed very intriguing. I will also admit that anytime he laughs I hear the Joker. :lol:
otherimprov wrote:

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:08 pm

God, hate double posting but here it goes.

Watched the whole panel and it just furthers my opinion about the guy who cut the video together to make Hamill say something he didn't.

Fuck, I'll be honest if I was him and reading through the script I would be hyped too about my character's reveal and be thrown off by the actual reveal! :lol:

He did say that he enjoyed TFA for what it is and the films will not be able to appeal to everyone. Man was being a realist.

Also, him doing the Joker line and him gushing about that little girl's costume was just too adorable.
otherimprov wrote:

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:39 pm

The other day I saw a semi truck that had "RIP Princess Leia" written on the back. More than just being a part of cinema history, I really respect Carrie Fisher's bluntness and openness regarding her mental health. She never tried to be perfect, accepted her faults, and embraced who she was. That's not easy and I wish I could do that more myself.