Star Wars

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Re: Star Wars

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:36 am

I'm Chewie :D
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:16 am

I'm BB-8, FEAR ME!

otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:57 am

Ferglius wrote:
incessantmace wrote:http://www.starwars.com/news/quiz-which ... er-are-you

Uh, I'm Han Solo. Was hoping to get one of the new characters!
I got Rey!
*gelus* :lol:
Ferglius wrote:Speaking of you being Han Solo, are you excited for the Han Solo...ummmm, solo movie?
Well first things first, I'm excited about Rogue One! And then we'll see how long it taked for the good old Star Wars magic to wear off if they keep releasing episodes and standalones year by year :geek: I fear my favourite franchise going the Marvel way, getting all vast and confusing and neverending, but I'm afraid that was inevitable. Maybe Ep VII was the last one that really gave me the chills like the old movies did, but I'm open to give it the benefit of doubt.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:43 am

incessantmace wrote:Well first things first, I'm excited about Rogue One! And then we'll see how long it taked for the good old Star Wars magic to wear off if they keep releasing episodes and standalones year by year :geek: I fear my favourite franchise going the Marvel way, getting all vast and confusing and neverending, but I'm afraid that was inevitable. Maybe Ep VII was the last one that really gave me the chills like the old movies did, but I'm open to give it the benefit of doubt.
This is honestly exactly how I feel and what I was afraid of when Star Wars got gobbled up by Disney. I guess time will tell but a lot of the fun of the characters was what we didn't know about them. Cool characters like Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Emperor Palpatine have already been ruined but that was all Lucas. Who knows, maybe Disney will end up having more respect for Star Wars than its creator did :P

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Ferglius wrote:Who knows, maybe Disney will end up having more respect for Star Wars than its creator did :P
That's not saying much :lol:

I got Rey by the way...eh....

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Grunge_Chick wrote:I got Rey by the way...eh....
That makes more sense for you than me. I should have gotten Poe. You know, because we're both Hispanic

Tom Bombadil
Grunge master

Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:06 am

You're General Leia Organa!
You’re no-nonsense and a great strategist, always ready to solve any problem and lead the way. Sometimes you work a little too hard, but you believe in responsibility and doing what you can for the greater good. Go take a seat in the Resistance command center — you’re General Leia Organa!

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:26 am

Ferglius wrote:
Grunge_Chick wrote:I got Rey by the way...eh....
That makes more sense for you than me. I should have gotten Poe. You know, because we're both Hispanic
:lol: This makes me giggle each time I read it.
Tom Bombadil wrote:You're General Leia Organa!
You’re no-nonsense and a great strategist, always ready to solve any problem and lead the way. Sometimes you work a little too hard, but you believe in responsibility and doing what you can for the greater good. Go take a seat in the Resistance command center — you’re General Leia Organa!
I was hoping for Leia. I appreciate no-nonsense people. Aint nobody got time for bullshit.

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:39 pm

I got Finn, which is cool because he's probably the character I liked best out of the new 'trilogy' of main characters. Which brings me to a gripe I had with The Force Awakens, they presented the newer generation as three, much like with Leia, Luke and Han were, as well as Obi Wan Anakin and Padme. But, I feel like Poe got way too little screen time and didn't actually feel like a notable character until closer to the end of the movie, it was like they introduced him and then it was the Rey and Finn show. I don't know hopefully he'll play a bigger role in the next film.
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:51 am

I've Been meaning to watch all of them cause cause I'm uncultured swine and I haven't yet. Wasn't the order confusing or something? Do I start from 1 or...?
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:15 am

You start from 4: a new hope. And then you have the other two star wars movies to watch :lol:
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1

Tom Bombadil
Grunge master

Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:39 am

PunkingtonGrunge wrote:You start from 4: a new hope. And then you have the other two star wars movies to watch :lol:
Three! TFA just came out on DVD and Blu-ray...

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:09 am

The joke is that I'm excluding the prequels and The Force Awakens from the franchise. ;)

Tom Bombadil
Grunge master

Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

Wait, you didn't like TFA? Sorry...I mistook you for someone respectable...

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:14 am

It was okay, but you have a shitstorm at your fingertips to read a few pages back, should you feel inclined to find out my in-depth opiniun.