What kind of TV shows are you watching?

A section for all movies, TV shows and eveything (music) video related. Talk about the greatest nineties and grunge related movies here. Share your other favorite movies, TV series or Youtube clips with us as well!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Re: What kind of TV shows are you watching?

Post by XsInMyEyes »

BleedTheFreak wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:15 pm If anyone's still around to read this, and an avid TV-goer, somebody let me know if those are any good or if you have any recommendations I might have missed?

Well, if harrowing, yet gripping drama-miniseries based around real-life occurrences is your cup of tea, then you might find the crime-drama Des to be of interest. That came out about three months ago and features David Tennant playing Dennis Nilsen, a narcissistic serial-killer from Scotland, who murdered males in London during the late 70s and early 80s. I was really taken in by it, plan on probably watching it again down the line, simply by how excellently Tennant's acting brought to life the sheer bleakness of this guy's life, and he portrayed the sheer cruelty of Nilsen so well that you could practically see evil thoughts running through his mind. A painful, sorrowful yet thoroughly gripping watch in my humble opinion.
Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occcam

Io Opro.
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Re: What kind of TV shows are you watching?

Post by XsInMyEyes »

This new game show with ITV, Lingo. I've seen the US version when I've been stateside, and apparently we had it back in the 80s, this new version is an alteration of those two.
-
There's a few new game-shows out lately, Winning Combination was one I liked, plus a number of old one's coming back, which is good, it is high time we got something fresh in that whole scene.
Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
- William of Occcam

Io Opro.