New album details ''Lollipop''

Crazy name, crazy art, crazy band, crazy dudes.

Moderators: Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Re: New album details ''Lollipop''

Post by Mithaearon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:24 pm

I actually like the background image but the font is wrong some how......

Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 am

Oooh. Looking forward to this... 'Hour of the Idiot' sounds promising. :D
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]

Thurston_Whore
Grunge zealot

Post by Thurston_Whore » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Awesome news!!! I to am a little weary of the artwork here though normally the puppets have very good artwork but either way im sure they album will kick some serious ass!
[b]''If I'm the guy you're lookin' for
Just look down under some rock''[/b]

victorray
Grunge fan

Post by victorray » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:16 pm

hey meat heads its shandon..the old/new drummer for pupps your really gonna DIG lollipop its an instant meat pupps classic..sorry a few of you guys dont like the front cover,but dont give up hope..the back art cover is a new cris CREATURE climbing out of a toilet,i love the art work,,,and inside is a CARTOON picture of us..anyway the creature is climbing out of toilet with a lollipop in his hands..soo i know you';ll like the back cover art..and by the way we have a europe tour starting in may 2011 we play melkweg on may 19th a thur.soo anybody reading this please come out to see us in europe..cd comes out april 12th and cant wait for you guys to hear it..if you like CLIMB or LOST you'll love BABY DONT..has that CLASSIC meat pupps feel..something killer happened on this record and you can tell..curt said its the pupps best effort since TOO HIGH,and paul leary thinks its the best since UP ON SUN..im telling ya.....YOUR GONNA LOVE IT..feel free to throw any questions my way,ok??

Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:10 am

What, you're actually the Pups' drummer? Not kidding? Hah. Awesome.
Will you by any chance be doing a Scandinavian show during the european tour?
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]

Thurston_Whore
Grunge zealot

Post by Thurston_Whore » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:09 am

:o :o Ha! Awesome welcome dude!!! Any chance you'll be dropping into the Uk for some shows? Mabye do some warm up shows before you play ATP in may? *Cough Cough Can you make a date in wales please!* 8)

victorray
Grunge fan

Post by victorray » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:31 pm

yes 2 UK show all in may 2011 the garage in london on may 30th..atp in minehead on may 14th i think..yes its me..i like this forum even though the term GRUNGE is freaking stupid..sounds like something an A -n- R guy thought of..kiss hotter than hell was grunge before grunge..im sure melvins would agree..anyway..talk to ya soon..no scandinavia stuff but my dads band sir douglas quintet will do a tribute to my dad in may go check it out ,its called sdq 2

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm

victorray wrote:i like this forum even though the term GRUNGE is freaking stupid..sounds like something an A -n- R guy thought of..kiss hotter than hell was grunge before grunge..im sure melvins would agree..
haha, best thing I've ever heard about this forum! 8D :lol: stick around, always nice to have musicians from "GRUNGE" bands on here! :wink:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:57 pm

The album cover was literally made with like, novice Photoshop work and 5 minutes.

Other than that, I'm looking pretty forward to it.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I cant wait!!!

God im such a dork.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

victorray
Grunge fan

Post by victorray » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:25 pm

yes its photo shop and didnt take long..is there something wrong with that??again you'll love the BACK cover art..he came up with the title after messing around and came to the current lp art work he said I LIKE IT,ITS SIMPLE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A LOLLIPOP and BOOM lollipop was born.just cause cover didnt take that long doesnt mean it doesnt have or heart n soul in it!!know what i mean?i really like the 3d art effect .check out the font shade behind the letters is cool..but if you judge a book by its cover than it is you ,who is missing out..again curt wanted something SIMPLE plus he's done all the art work ,maybe this time he didnt feel like PAINTING??give him some slack..the pupps are one of the best bands on the planet.and im sooo FREAKING GLAD to be playing with the kirkwoods..anyway..not mad just want you to understand since you werent there to know what was goin on..i was!!any more questions feel free to ask..12 songs in 46 min.the first 6 songs are my fave..right off the bat it just KILLS.anyways meat pupps rule and can do NO WRONG!!i love everything about them..

Thurston_Whore
Grunge zealot

Post by Thurston_Whore » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 am

So are you looking forward to performing ''Up On The Sunn)))'' @ ATP? Ima trying my best to get a ticket just to see you guys play that as its one of my favourite puppets albums & The rest of the lineup is alittle to electro for me but all in all ATP is a great festival and always has a great lineup!