What Has Happened To The Old Pearl Jam?

Talk about Seattles finest, Pearl Jam here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

What Has Happened To The Old Pearl Jam?

Post by grungefan550 »

what the hell? I mean sure the music is awesome but how come...

eddie...you seem like such a "puritain" now....wheres the old eddie vedder the crazy SOB who would stage dive and laugh instead of trying to make a "pure" meaning for each song and be so political all the time...

stone...he looks like somebody's dad who just got laid off and is pissed of 24/7...wear the contacts and grow your hair back..

jeff...not much i can say, still rocks out as much as he can without getting in St. Eddies way...so all for jeff is wear the old style clothing, that was badass

mike mccready...great guitar player, but how many twinkies did u eat in the last decade? dunno if you had a problem or something, but loose some weight, you cant even tell it's him...

matt...you werent in the original pearl jam, and you still rock as much as u did in soundgarden so ur ok

i kinda feel this new "faithful/pure" attitude has almost destroyed the band...not maybe in terms of actual break up, and the musicianship is still there, but what happened between 1992 and 2006? I honestly don't like the new album as much as compared to the first 3...It just makes me mad to think the one out of the 2 true seattle bands left is turing away...
(The other being Mudhoney)
And Your Body Shakes...

grunger_matt
Grunge guru

Post by grunger_matt »

why do have have a pearl jam quote as your name then? :roll:
I shouldn't even be here today

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Post by grungefan550 »

you forgot to see the date.....
And Your Body Shakes...

grunger_matt
Grunge guru

Post by grunger_matt »

yeah? its still pearl jam :P . if you can't appreciate the new stuff then you shouldn't be able to apreciate the old stuff, there was as much meaning behind the songs then as there is now. plus mikes lost weight again now. Go mike! :D .

Old pearl jam rocks, new pearl jam rocks, jsut in different ways. Get over it :P

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Post by grungefan550 »

bull shit you have to appreciate the new stuff to appreciate the old...thats one of the dumbest things ive heard...do I have to appreciate the 20 albums black sabbath put out after heaven and hell to appreciate everything they did before...no! I dont have to freakin like everything a band does, and i was just putting that out there for people who agreed with me to respond, and its a very true statement EX: they said they werent gonna de a Conceptual video in their career because they just felt the live videos were better, and caught the energy more....look at the new videos, their heads in like seaweed and shit, I might what the hell? whatever if u like the new album thats fine, but i absolutly do not have to apprecate EVERYTHING a band does just to appreciate what they have done in the past...

EDIT: I don't enjoy the bands work soley on their name. "It's still Pearl Jam." i dont care if its Sideshow Bob, if its good ill listen to it, if it sucks I won't. Mudhoney is a perfect example, Since We've Become Translucent sucked ass to me...I'm not going to enjoy it just because its Mudhoney! What the hell?
And Your Body Shakes...

grunger_matt
Grunge guru

Post by grunger_matt »

:P this is fun

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Post by grungefan550 »

i don't think were arguing though, just have different good points, so im not trying to like bitch at you or anything :)
And Your Body Shakes...

grunger_matt
Grunge guru

Post by grunger_matt »

theres no point arguing over a friggin band :D you got your opinion and i got mine and i aint gonna give you shit about you opinion :)

(even though i secretly know im right :P )

grungefan550
Grunge maniac

Post by grungefan550 »

ok, but you should consider listenin to music for the music and not because of the name of the band...and realize that you can appreciate anything a band does and not everything...
And Your Body Shakes...

grunger_matt
Grunge guru

Post by grunger_matt »

:P i don't just listen to it cause its pearl jam, thats just the premise on why i buy a CD, the fact i love it is coincidental :D. give the new album some time to sink in and youll start to love it, it took me a while to like it :)

Alli ICE
Grunge fan

Post by Alli ICE »

ALthough I couldn't care less about how the guys look or act offstage today, I do agree with the notion that they have declining in quality. Dont misunderstand, I love this band still, but in my opinion, Vitalogy was the last amazing album they made. I miss the days of anthemic songs and melodies, this screaming thing that Vedder has been trying for the last decade just makes me miss the softer songs more.
Child of Grunge

shadowkat
Grunge fan

Post by shadowkat »

I was wondering the same question about what happened to the old Pearl Jam, especially after seeing this clip of them:

http://www.blender.com/video/722/PearlJ ... ?&src=gp96

It makes one wonder after a while.

Dirt
Grunge guru

Post by Dirt »

well, tou have to understand that they are on stage for 15 years... face it, they are getting old, and that they are not so full of energy like the used to be... and i understand that in time, their music is changing... every PJ album tells a story for itself... and thats why they change a lot.
thats just how i feel about them now.

:)
Predpostavjam da mogu svasta da napisem,posto vecina nista ne razumije...ali necu.

Cheers!!

dirty franka
Grunge guru

Post by dirty franka »

grunger_matt wrote:
Old pearl jam rocks, new pearl jam rocks, jsut in different ways. :P
yeah, i would have to agree with that too....
and cmon man... theyr all over 40 years old now...of course theyr not gonna jump all over the stage like they use to do in the 1990's.....and some of them really are fathers now....
keep on dreaming boy couse when you stop dreaming its time to die!!!

Dirt
Grunge guru

Post by Dirt »

hihi e pa ti me razumijesh :))

i totally agree with dirty fanka...
Predpostavjam da mogu svasta da napisem,posto vecina nista ne razumije...ali necu.

Cheers!!