Excuse 17?

Women who grunge

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

grungebeautiful
Grunge fanatic

Excuse 17?

Post by grungebeautiful » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Does anyone know anything about these guys? I've never heard them before but apparently they were big on the riot grrrl scene and from Olympia. Signed to Atlas Records at one point, Chainsaw Records at another point..just wondering if anyone collected their stuff or had ever given them a listen
"they made a big mistake - they didn't go further&find more of the bands that were already here. thats what makes me feel guilty about the success of our band" - EDDiE VEDDER

OVERCAST HYPE GRUNGE RADIO

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Excuse 17?

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:22 am

They were also signed to Kill Rock Stars record label, which is also stationed in Olympia. I think I have a compilation of Kill Rock Star bands and they were on it. I need to check on that though. I remember I downloaded their "Such Friends Are Dangerous" album, I need to check if it's still on my computer. It should be, if I remember they had a very punk motivated sound. Not like a 7 Year Bitch or L7 type of punky sound, a more solid punk root....They remind me of a female version of Joy Division, I don't know if people agree with that or not, but whatever.

I'm not sure which two though, but 2 of the members from Excuse 17 went off to form Sleater-Kinney. Which is a cool band to check out if you're really into Excuse 17.

grungebeautiful
Grunge fanatic

Post by grungebeautiful » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:42 am

mike, you're such a god
like your mouth is just a huge flowing grunge encyclopedia
ps when are you sending me that dead moon tshirt?
"they made a big mistake - they didn't go further&find more of the bands that were already here. thats what makes me feel guilty about the success of our band" - EDDiE VEDDER

OVERCAST HYPE GRUNGE RADIO

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Well, I need to show it to you first to see if you like it. When you get online long enough we can video chat and I can show it to you. And if you dig it, i'll send it than.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm not a major Sleater-Kinney fan either, but I do love my Kill Rock Stars Compilations. They have some great stuff on their label, and on those albums.....Granted not my favorite label of all time, but a decent one :)

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:18 pm

True. A little bit of digging through the label, and you'll find a band that suits you.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh yeah, I remember liking their stuff when I checked it out. Man, so many riot grrrl bands :shock:
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud