Your WORST gig ever!!!

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Canucker
Grunge God

Your WORST gig ever!!!

Post by Canucker »

So lets hear some stories about your worst gig ever...what happened? Did you learn anything? Did you kill anyone? :shock:
Canucker
Grunge God

Re: Your WORST gig ever!!!

Post by Canucker »

nobody has ever had a bad gig? I ain't fallin' for that line!
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Any gig you can walk away from is a good one. Heck, one where you lose your legs is probably a great one too, but you only get one or 2 of those.
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

hmm I disagree...there are plenty of bad ones....a friend of mine had his band break up on stage...in a fist fight...which had them kicked out of the club and they could only come back and get their gear once the show was over...so they didn't even get to see the other bands....I really never asked though if the fist fight continued in the streets...I mean they had about three hours to kill till they got their gear back.
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Fun story. I've been in a fist fight on stage before. I was in a band with a dude who decided to go solo but we had to finish our gig obligations before that could happen. Anyway, he just started pushing me around on stage knocking me over, I got up and started to push back. It got a little ugly and I used my guitar as a weapon. The crowd loved it and now that we are far and away from that situation we are friends still. So even with a fight, it was a good show. :)
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

Well that just sounds entertaining. Sometimes your own problems can be entertaining to everyone and sometimes the crowd just doesn't get it no matter what.
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

My worst 'gig' was when I was recruited to a Danish summer school's jazz band without having as much as a faction of the required instrumental skills. I played keyboard with four accomplished music school students in front of a pretty big crowd - the former Danish minister of education was among the listeners - and fled the stage before they could ask for an encore!
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

My worst gig... One time I got a bit too drunk (absolutely shitfaced) before a gig and ended up passing out onstage. It was a rap gig and thankfully it wasn't my own gig, I was only the hype man. They weren't able to wake me up so there I slept on the stage, the whole show. :lol: It was a mistake I shall never repeat. Very embarrassing. :oops: :lol:
A master of blöjäri.