My new song Pet Rock, off the Pet Rock EP

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Iforgotmyname
Grunge fanatic

My new song Pet Rock, off the Pet Rock EP

Post by Iforgotmyname » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Hey guys! How's everyone been? Well I recording this song in about an hour i tuned my guitar down to play the bass line, and seperatly recorded guitar with the singing, it sounded alot better when i was playing, but my audio software (audacity and gold wave) keep blocking out the distortion so i have to amplify it on the program and it starts to suck the more i amplify :(. well hope you like it! :D

https://soundcloud.com/numb-society/pet-rock

(excuse my childish voice :mrgreen: )
This sucks...

Jenny mary
Grunge fan

Re: My new song Pet Rock, off the Pet Rock EP

Post by Jenny mary » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 pm

I heard your Pet Rock it’s sweet but need more practice and getting right line of guitar. I am also a guitar player and continuing learning guitar play through boulderguitarcoach.com. If you need some more information on guitar playing you can visit this site. I hope next time you will gift us better band.

Iforgotmyname
Grunge fanatic

Post by Iforgotmyname » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 pm

thanks, i play better like i said the recorder is jackin me up. but im teaching myslef
This sucks...

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:48 pm

I think that was a spam post :P

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:52 pm

I like the art that says Numb Society… it reminds me of a really old computer printout.

This song is interesting but it's more like a noise experiment that things aren't really in time with each other. I wish I could hear the vocals better. Work on timing, I guess but I find it pretty cool to listen to. It's definitely not boring!!! Cool noise at the end

Jenny mary
Grunge fan

Post by Jenny mary » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Well it is good thing that you teach yourself. How and when play a guitar it is your choice. But I am just suggesting you boulderguitarcoach.com site for your better improvement in guitar playing. If you want to learn then you can go there.

Iforgotmyname
Grunge fanatic

Post by Iforgotmyname » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Thinks everybody! Yes it was just more of experimenting, I can play a lot better, but i kind of thought my music was getting to...um.."technical"? But yeah so it was fun, We will be re-recording it along with a few other songs, when our bassist gets a new bass, and the drummer left -_-

thanks guys :mrgreen:
This sucks...

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Cool. Wanna heart it :]

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 am

By the way infy, what are you up to these days?
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote: I belong from the land of Buddha. I know what Nirvana means better than anyone here.

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:35 am

HEY MY FRIEND. I find it hard to answer that question because I don't know what context you're asking in. So I guess I'll tell you all of it: I'm moving from Wyoming to Iowa for awhile to focus on my art, my family and my music. Then I'm gonna move to a big city like Seattle or Detroit or Chicago.

Here's an album I recorded recently. I think it will tell you more about my life than just my words ever could:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25478

How're you doing? Neutral Milk Hotel on the record player right now. You might appreciate that 6_6