Grunge Forum 300?

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

S0undGardener
Grunge fanatic

Re: Grunge Forum 300?

Post by S0undGardener »

is this shit still rolling or not?

If u give up guys I'm droppin my sword as well...
Tho I've already prepared some song exclusively for this occasion (took me 3 minutes to write vocals and guitars lol)..
but I dunno if it's worth to submit it...
How many songs from other users have you collected so far?

Maby if there's not enought volunteers one will be allowed to submit more than 1 song? How about that?
Cuz I'd really like to mess up some cover as well;) ...so many ideas in my head.... even flow? dissident? ...spoonman? ...in bloom?

shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

boxcar wrote:
shanze wrote:I just need someone to record the guitar bits to the Right Turn thing before I can work on it! If I recorded guitars I'd have to use an electric guitar and that might suck a bit.
I could do it and I guess I said I would but I thought someone else already said they did?
I didn't hear about that :o I think it would be fun to do that cover though! I can play da bass. And sing da Layne's parts.
A master of blöjäri.

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

shanze wrote:
boxcar wrote:
shanze wrote:I just need someone to record the guitar bits to the Right Turn thing before I can work on it! If I recorded guitars I'd have to use an electric guitar and that might suck a bit.
I could do it and I guess I said I would but I thought someone else already said they did?
I didn't hear about that :o I think it would be fun to do that cover though! I can play da bass. And sing da Layne's parts.
I tried to learn it a few days ago. I can't tell if the guitar is tuned down a half step or in some odd tuning. If I tune down it doesn't sound near as bright or quite right with standard chords so maybe its capo'd up somewhere? Damn you Jerry and your guitar skillz! ;)

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

S0undGardener wrote:is this shit still rolling or not?

If u give up guys I'm droppin my sword as well...
Tho I've already prepared some song exclusively for this occasion (took me 3 minutes to write vocals and guitars lol)..
but I dunno if it's worth to submit it...
How many songs from other users have you collected so far?

Maby if there's not enought volunteers one will be allowed to submit more than 1 song? How about that?
Cuz I'd really like to mess up some cover as well;) ...so many ideas in my head.... even flow? dissident? ...spoonman? ...in bloom?
No one's givin up, it's just going slowly this year! And that's okay, because there's really no fer-shure deadline that we need to meet.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

We release it once a year as usual, it's just that for us a new year begins when a compilation is released.
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

S0undGardener
Grunge fanatic

Post by S0undGardener »

boxcar wrote: I tried to learn it a few days ago. I can't tell if the guitar is tuned down a half step or in some odd tuning. If I tune down it doesn't sound near as bright or quite right with standard chords so maybe its capo'd up somewhere? Damn you Jerry and your guitar skillz! ;)
http://www.guitaretab.com/a/alice-in-chains/377.html
read the 'note' at the top:)
evee103 wrote: No one's givin up, it's just going slowly this year! And that's okay, because there's really no fer-shure deadline that we need to meet.
ok cool, ima submit then

Btw. Your sig is... hipnotizing;O

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Hehehe yes, Mac Demarco is hypnotizing fo sho.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks »

To not break tradition... im in!

Dan, theres a song on my sounds cloud called 'No reasons' it's not new or anything.. but i like it!

It's now been privitised for all the account i have of yours

Dan bee, Dan bobek and raw mojo

https://soundcloud.com/checks-1/no-reasons
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Checks wrote:To not break tradition... im in!

Dan, theres a song on my sounds cloud called 'No reasons' it's not new or anything.. but i like it!

It's now been privitised for all the account i have of yours

Dan bee, Dan bobek and raw mojo

https://soundcloud.com/checks-1/no-reasons
Cool man! I will download it to the GF300 Comp folder on my computer when I have the chance. Thank you. :)

Mindriot
Grunge fan

Post by Mindriot »

I would be delighted to be a part of this. I have 9 of the 12 songs planned recorded for the Good Son album, only 4 of which have been made available for streaming/public consumption. I would be happy to submit one of the unheard tracks to this project as well as lay down some guitars/bass/vocals for anyone needing help on a collaboration?

edit - I have a small recording studio in my home so I can also help out with any mixing/mastering needing done too.
http://www.good-son.com

"Oh you're Scottish! I love the Scottish accent, say something funny like 'Curly Wurly'"

"Fuck off."

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

I _really_ hope we won't finish GF 300 in the near future. Why? Well, because Mucket is currently recording new songs, they are better recorded than on our last album. Otherwise I'll just submit something from that album.
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

Mindriot
Grunge fan

Post by Mindriot »

Ello again,

Ive got two songs ready to submit to this if im allowed. Got A track by my band "Good Son" and a solo, acoustic cover of Nutshell by AIC. Hows do I go about submitting?

Cheers
http://www.good-son.com

"Oh you're Scottish! I love the Scottish accent, say something funny like 'Curly Wurly'"

"Fuck off."

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black »

Holy shit I just listened to the track I've been working on with Santeri again for the first time in ages and sounds fantastic.

Santeri, I'm going to work on mixing this this week and send it across for your approval.
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

Silvergun Superman
Grunge master

Post by Silvergun Superman »

Can I put in one of the songs from my EP?
"I wish I could just hug you all

But I'm not gonna!"

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Go ahead. :)
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep