Grunge Forum 300?

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Re: Grunge Forum 300?

Post by rabbit »

haters gonna hate, i cant help my sound. I personally enjoy all music it's more about my personal outlet. You either get that or you don't I suppose...

id like to hear some stuff you have written?

S0undGardener
Grunge fanatic

Post by S0undGardener »

rabbit wrote:haters gonna hate, i cant help my sound. I personally enjoy all music it's more about my personal outlet. You either get that or you don't I suppose...

id like to hear some stuff you have written?
sure mate, soon;)

'Haters gonna hate';D I love how the whole internet community overuses this term towards any critics;)
Sry man, can't help myself when the first words I hear are: "I'm just a happy little homo";D
If you want my choice I'd go with Brainwash. In this song your 'speaking' is closest to actual singing.
Btw. If I were you I'd find some skilled singer and start a band cuz the guitars are pretty catchy... but your singing... is not even a singing;O

Peace

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit »

My faverite is lucky penny. I'm not gonna find another singer lol it would feel weird to hear someone sing my words O.o' but Jimi Hendrix and bob Dylan both have sketchy vocals too so I suppose it's just my own sound? Lol and yeah that happy hobo song is actually a ukulele song ^.^ it was supposed to be last on my list but my tracks got flipped 0.o' and I'm more of a groaner/growler story tellin machine rather than a singerlol ^.^

S0undGardener
Grunge fanatic

Post by S0undGardener »

rabbit wrote:My faverite is lucky penny. I'm not gonna find another singer lol it would feel weird to hear someone sing my words O.o' but Jimi Hendrix and bob Dylan both have sketchy vocals too so I suppose it's just my own sound? Lol and yeah that happy hobo song is actually a ukulele song ^.^ it was supposed to be last on my list but my tracks got flipped 0.o' and I'm more of a groaner/growler story tellin machine rather than a singerlol ^.^

ye I know what you mean... I've decided to sing myself as well because i'm the author of 99% of the music in my band... hearing your words coming out of the mouth of someone else, someone who doesn't even agree with them or so... that would be weird indeed...
P.s. also it would be extremely hard to find someone who wouldnt mind singing "im just a happy little homo" ;DDD

The more I listen to your stuff the more I 'understand' this way of 'singing' and the very bad first impression slowly fades away... but still I think you should try a bit harder ... as it's too careless singing even for me;)
Last edited by S0undGardener on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rabbit
Grunge zealot

Post by rabbit »

Hahah ^.^ well thanks yeah I'm getting my songs mastered right now and I might redo the vocals I think once theirs drums and stuff ill need to redo my vocals.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

So, what's the update on the Comp guys? Is Sept 15th still the deadline? And how is the Right Turn cover?
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black »

I've been a bit lax with the song Santeri and I have been working on but if push came to shove I could get it finished by the weekend. I think we may just have to wait until people have stuff to contribute, it doesn't feel like there's much enthusiasm for this yet. I think once autumn sets in (for us Northern Hemispherians) people will get back onto their projects.

Or I could be totally wrong and everyone has got stuff ready to submit.

Jaryd, get something on this one, yeah?
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

I've got a song ready too but I have yet to receive many contributions. I just assume this will come together eventually.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

I can't get a certain someone to record with me e____e
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Well, I say the date should be pushed back to early December, kind of like the Christmas Comp. That way, we can keep bringing it up here and people can have more time to put something together. My contribution is nothing but guitar and random sounds I could come up with :lol:
otherimprov wrote:

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

Did I submit something for this already? If not, I have a new song that might do.
sky above, voice within

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

You can submit anything until the album actually comes out or we decide on an actual deadline and even then I have taken exceptions to the rule.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

boxcar wrote:You can submit anything until the album actually comes out or we decide on an actual deadline and even then I have taken exceptions to the rule.
Wait, there are rules to this? :lol:
otherimprov wrote:

shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

I just need someone to record the guitar bits to the Right Turn thing before I can work on it! If I recorded guitars I'd have to use an electric guitar and that might suck a bit.
A master of blöjäri.

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

shanze wrote:I just need someone to record the guitar bits to the Right Turn thing before I can work on it! If I recorded guitars I'd have to use an electric guitar and that might suck a bit.
I could do it and I guess I said I would but I thought someone else already said they did?