Grunge Forum 300?

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

boxcar
Site Admin

Re: Grunge Forum 300?

Post by boxcar »

Zodiac_n_Black wrote:I'm up for some collabs on this one if there are any takers?
I'm in for the same as well.
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

Playing music. Usually there aren't many rules, just send in a song of either you with other musicians or just by yourself if you want.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Potato
Grunge fanatic

Post by Potato »

KristinNirvana wrote:Playing music. Usually there aren't many rules, just send in a song of either you with other musicians or just by yourself if you want.
Awesomesauce. Expect a contribution from Flynn's Arcade ;)
Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola »

Wish there was an easy way to make music by myself.
Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black »

Scarabola wrote:Wish there was an easy way to make music by myself.
What's holding you back? There's a wealth of knowledge amongst the members here and I’m sure they’d all be happy to help.

I personally hope to see some stuff from members who haven't submitted anything yet (Jaryd, I'm looking at you!).
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana »

Ugh I totally want to be on it, but the only microphone I have now is my crappy webcam mic that sounds sooooo bad and won't pick up guitar sounds, but I think it's better with vocals, so maybe I could do just me singing? I always wanted to sing Nothing to Say by Soundgarden in a certain way. Perhaps I'll start practicing singing again if I can.
Last edited by KristinNirvana on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
S0undGardener
Grunge fanatic

Post by S0undGardener »

KristinNirvana wrote:Ugh I totally want to be on it, but the only microphone I have now is my crappy webcam mic that sounds sooooo bad and won't pick up guitar sounds, but I think it's better with vocals, so many I could do just me singing? I always wanted to sing Nothing to Say by Soundgarden in a certain way. Perhaps I'll start practicing singing again if I can.
Not having at least amateur home studio seems to be a huge problem for any musician... (actually you need 100$+ mic + 100$+ sound card + some decent program + room with good acoustic to obtain acceptable sound), while not many people realize that one of the best recording device lays in their pockets... Any half-decent smartphone records sound like a dream! Either with a full hd video cam (after u have to "cut out" the video) or some app (I use the 'Easy Voice Recorder', which allows me to record in mp3 format in really good quality - 1 minute = 5 megabaits). The only inconvenience is that after every record you have to transfer the file to your pc to be able to edit it. But for grunge forum 300 1-shots it's more than enought;) Moreover, the only mic which doesn't distort my voice is the one in my Sony Xperia P comparing to the mics which I've used so far (price range 30-150$, so not totally crappy). You Americans probably don't buy anything below Samsung S3-4 or Iphone 3-4 so the quality will be even better.
Actually I'm preparing a whole grungy album (got 6-7 tracks almost finished so far) which will be recorder totally with a smartphone;)

Btw. I love Nothing to Say... so just take your goddamn phone and record your efforts!;)
KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana »

I don't have a phone. Well besides a regular telephone. I've never had a smartphone before.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
S0undGardener
Grunge fanatic

Post by S0undGardener »

KristinNirvana wrote:I don't have a phone. Well besides a regular telephone. I've never had a smartphone before.
:shock:
I consider myself as a relatively oldsql guy but it'd be really hard for me to survive without a smartphone;O
Almost everything what I need in just 1 little device;) I strongly suggest you get one;)
If not, I'm sure you can afford this one http://www.amazon.com/musical-instruments/dp/B0002KZAKS
it's basicly the cheapest option which provides acceptable results.

Omg I'm so curious about your rendition of Nothing to Say that I'm even ready to send you my own mic;P
Girls facing Cornell's stuff... so exceptional:P
otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov »

since im back and im free im in this time.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Alright! Time to get on it. Your submissions are all due in 24 hours. This post will self destruct. ;)
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

S0undGardener wrote: If not, I'm sure you can afford this one http://www.amazon.com/musical-instruments/dp/B0002KZAKS
That's a really phenomenal deal! I'd probably use that in conjunction with this (http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones- ... 119&sr=1-8) as well. Not a bad setup for under $60 total! I'll probably get that with my next check. Thanks for sharing that!
Zodiac_n_Black wrote:
I personally hope to see some stuff from members who haven't submitted anything yet (Jaryd, I'm looking at you!).
I just might! It'll depend largely on the due date so we'll see, but I'd love to make a contribution!
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

boxcar wrote:Alright! Time to get on it. Your submissions are all due in 24 hours. This post will self destruct. ;)
We should actually make an album with a ridiculously short deadline just to see what brilliant shit people will send in :fake:
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov »

Sorlag wrote:
boxcar wrote:Alright! Time to get on it. Your submissions are all due in 24 hours. This post will self destruct. ;)
We should actually make an album with a ridiculously short deadline just to see what brilliant shit people will send in :fake:
lol in that casei could send me screaming with no music
Eat your water and drink your vegetables