Nirvana - In Utero

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Luciditypro »

TGPlayer1 wrote:Yeah it's been done before, as long as all the musical parts are in the same tempo and key then they can be put together on a program like Cubase. But somebody obviously has to have the program, i think my bro has one like it so in theory i could do it, after all i have a certificate saying i'm qualified!

I think it's actually been done in professional capacities, there's a pretty poor Metallica song with RZA and basically they recorded the music and backing vocals, emailed him the file, he recorded his raps and sent them both back, they mixed them together and released it.
I also believe those two She & Him albums have been done like that. I think it's an interesting way of doing things, not preferable but it's more than possible. It's just that every little detail about it has to be shared, which can be alot to handle.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
TGPlayer1
Grunge guru

Post by TGPlayer1 »

Yeah it's never going to be the same because you can't instantly communicate with the other artists, but it's a good showcase of modern technology and what not, plus for something like this where people live thousands of miles apart and it doesn't have to be perfect, it's a cool way to interact on a different level. Brings a real sense of community to the place.
totally unashamed self promotion https://soundcloud.com/tomo-sludge-merrello

I PROMISE IT'S NOT ALL BAD
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

TGPlayer1 wrote:Yeah it's been done before, as long as all the musical parts are in the same tempo and key then they can be put together on a program like Cubase. But somebody obviously has to have the program, i think my bro has one like it so in theory i could do it, after all i have a certificate saying i'm qualified!

I think it's actually been done in professional capacities, there's a pretty poor Metallica song with RZA and basically they recorded the music and backing vocals, emailed him the file, he recorded his raps and sent them both back, they mixed them together and released it.
Ah well kudos on the certificate :) If you would be up to doing it and everything that would be cool if not that is cool too. My dad has a recording studio of sorts in his basement so I think that I could record there but the lack of instruments is an issue as I have no idea when I could get someone to play and I still suck rather badly. If it's a lot of trouble then I wouldn't want anyone going to those lengths to do it.
TGPlayer1
Grunge guru

Post by TGPlayer1 »

To be honest i would be recording a load of original tracks so busting some Nirvana which i know off by heart wouldn't be an issue. If it comes to it i'll just record all the instruments myself and you can pretend it wasn't me.

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

TGPlayer1 wrote:To be honest i would be recording a load of original tracks so busting some Nirvana which i know off by heart wouldn't be an issue. If it comes to it i'll just record all the instruments myself and you can pretend it wasn't me.
Nice. Well of course I would give you credit. People know by now I can't play anyway :P If the singing sucks you can take credit for that too.
GetBornAgain
Grunge guru

Post by GetBornAgain »

This reminds me... I need to call my 'producer', just preferably when he's awake. I get Eureka moments in the early morning and everyone just thinks that I'm high :lol:

I want to add a few acoustic covers to my upcoming album :geek:
Love is an illusion that haunts the darkest paths and corners of my dreams
Life is here for the living. Any other attitude is only worthy of the dead.
I'm not the best in the world, but I soon will be...
TGPlayer1
Grunge guru

Post by TGPlayer1 »

Grunge_Chick wrote:
TGPlayer1 wrote:To be honest i would be recording a load of original tracks so busting some Nirvana which i know off by heart wouldn't be an issue. If it comes to it i'll just record all the instruments myself and you can pretend it wasn't me.
Nice. Well of course I would give you credit. People know by now I can't play anyway :P If the singing sucks you can take credit for that too.
Mine ain't much better i'm afraid, more of a Tad Doyle thing going on.

And early morning eureka moments are the best, i wrote one of my best songs for my college band at 2 am, just poured it out and played it for virtually the whole time i was there.

harmony90
Grunge God

Post by harmony90 »

No one seems extatic about my idea of heart shaped box :C
Want to listen to something different?
Take a listen to the Höstan Project

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

harmony90 wrote:No one seems extatic about my idea of heart shaped box :C
I am! 8D
Grunge fanatic

Post by Potato »

I'm sure Flynn's Arcade can put something together for this if it's still going ahead?
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

Still a go!
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

boxcar wrote:Still a go!
I still want to do something for this but have been extra busy recently so no promises :weird:
SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

I recorded an acoustic cover for "Dumb". Just guitar and voice. Does that count?
ljubim te, Karin
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

SKUNCHBAG wrote:I recorded an acoustic cover for "Dumb". Just guitar and voice. Does that count?
You can always submit it and see what happens. The deadline won't be until summer 2013 so there is time to make sure you submit the best you can.
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

It's officially begun! Here is the site: http://inuterotribute.blogspot.com/?view=magazine
Get started and spread the word!

Thanks and looking forward to seeing this through!