Nirvana - In Utero

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Post Reply
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:33 pm

boxcar wrote:Nothing has been set in stone yet but I think we are looking at The month of May.
Do you have a list of what songs people are contributing? I assume you don't want duplicates of songs?

boxcar
Site Admin
Posts: 4351
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Iowa City
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by boxcar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Grunge_Chick wrote:
boxcar wrote:Nothing has been set in stone yet but I think we are looking at The month of May.
Do you have a list of what songs people are contributing? I assume you don't want duplicates of songs?
Well, there is no list and I will gladly accept duplicates but only one will make the spot. Not to make it unfair but to encourage people to do their best work. Every song will still make the compilation as bonus tracks so no work will be done in vain. I'm sure there will be some close calls as to what tracks should make it but at the same time the hope is that discussion will spark even more interest in the project and especially from the bands/artists who want their track to make the final cut.

Does this make sense?
__________________________
You should check out Milk Duct Tape, the new grunge rock band on the scene:
"LIKE" on Facebook. Listen to new music here: MDT on Bandcamp

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm

boxcar wrote:
Grunge_Chick wrote:
boxcar wrote:Nothing has been set in stone yet but I think we are looking at The month of May.
Do you have a list of what songs people are contributing? I assume you don't want duplicates of songs?
Well, there is no list and I will gladly accept duplicates but only one will make the spot. Not to make it unfair but to encourage people to do their best work. Every song will still make the compilation as bonus tracks so no work will be done in vain. I'm sure there will be some close calls as to what tracks should make it but at the same time the hope is that discussion will spark even more interest in the project and especially from the bands/artists who want their track to make the final cut.

Does this make sense?
Yep :D

boxcar
Site Admin
Posts: 4351
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Iowa City
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by boxcar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Ok thanks and good. It helps to know if these thoughts and theories are just working in my own head or if the majority can understand it.
__________________________
You should check out Milk Duct Tape, the new grunge rock band on the scene:
"LIKE" on Facebook. Listen to new music here: MDT on Bandcamp

Luciditypro
Grunge God
Posts: 8861
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The United States Of America

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Luciditypro » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:03 pm

You'd better send it a submission, a female contribution would actually be pretty awesome!
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Grunge_Chick » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Luciditypro wrote:You'd better send it a submission, a female contribution would actually be pretty awesome!
I think Kristin said she was and likely others will. I might submit something but a lot depends if I can get someone to play guitar for it and figure out the recording....also, I don't know what song I would do and since I don't normally sing and record I would be hesitant to share it with a large group.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8518
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by KristinNirvana » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Oh yeah, I better get to that. Being sick made me totally forget about it.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image

Canucker
Grunge God
Posts: 3466
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Canucker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 am

Everybody is sick these days. EVERYBODY!

Nirvana89
Grunge fan
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Nirvana89 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:28 am

Great album I love "In Utero".

TGPlayer1
Grunge guru
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm
Location: Over here

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by TGPlayer1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:24 pm

I'd absolutely love to be involved in this, i can play In Utero with my eyes closed and just being able to say i was part of something like this would make me much happier.

The only problem is i don't have a band, if somebody is willing to do a sort of over the internet cover thing, i can do the guitar and vocals and somebody can add the other instruments, or i could do acoustic, but i think all the acousticy ones have been taken. I'd pick Milk It, Radio Friendly or Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol, or do an acoustic Serve The Servants.

Unless there are people in northwest England who would get together and do a session for this?
totally unashamed self promotion https://soundcloud.com/tomo-sludge-merrello

I PROMISE IT'S NOT ALL BAD

harmony90
Grunge God
Posts: 2603
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Stavanger- Norway

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by harmony90 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Im going to do it in the style of my music. On the nevermind tribute album I saw this dude called charles bradley who made his cver of stay away, and it was epic, not like the original song at all. Im planning on doing heart shaped box, and I want to do a difference on my style. Although its complicated because there are so many ways to do it
Want to listen to something different?
Take a listen to the Höstan Project

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject

CurlyFry
Grunge fan
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by CurlyFry » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36 pm

TGPlayer1 wrote:I'd absolutely love to be involved in this, i can play In Utero with my eyes closed and just being able to say i was part of something like this would make me much happier.

The only problem is i don't have a band, if somebody is willing to do a sort of over the internet cover thing, i can do the guitar and vocals and somebody can add the other instruments, or i could do acoustic, but i think all the acousticy ones have been taken. I'd pick Milk It, Radio Friendly or Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol, or do an acoustic Serve The Servants.

Unless there are people in northwest England who would get together and do a session for this?
I could add bass to that and get a friend to do some drums on it for you, if you're interested.

Mind if I submit Very Ape with my band? (The Eclectic Eels)
Please check out and like my friend's band: Intrepid
http://www.facebook.com/Intrepidtheband

TGPlayer1
Grunge guru
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm
Location: Over here

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by TGPlayer1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 pm

I am interested mate. I'll be getting a digital recorder in the next few days, so we'll organise something and i'll cut the tracks. To be fair i could do every song and just whore myself out to anyone who wants it.
totally unashamed self promotion https://soundcloud.com/tomo-sludge-merrello

I PROMISE IT'S NOT ALL BAD

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4482
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by Grunge_Chick » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 pm

TGPlayer1 wrote:I am interested mate. I'll be getting a digital recorder in the next few days, so we'll organise something and i'll cut the tracks. To be fair i could do every song and just whore myself out to anyone who wants it.
Interesting...see I thought about trying to put something together. I have been saying I would record for awhile but due to circumstances I don't have anyone to currently play guitar or put together any music. I'm not a strong enough guitarist to do it myself. If I had someone to put together the musical aspect and then figure out a way to just sing then I would be up for that. I'm new to this recording stuff. Is that possible? When I say possible I mean is it possible for someone who is a tard like me to get someone to record the guitar ect. and then figure out how to put it together with my vocals?

TGPlayer1
Grunge guru
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm
Location: Over here

Re: Nirvana - In Utero

Post by TGPlayer1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeah it's been done before, as long as all the musical parts are in the same tempo and key then they can be put together on a program like Cubase. But somebody obviously has to have the program, i think my bro has one like it so in theory i could do it, after all i have a certificate saying i'm qualified!

I think it's actually been done in professional capacities, there's a pretty poor Metallica song with RZA and basically they recorded the music and backing vocals, emailed him the file, he recorded his raps and sent them both back, they mixed them together and released it.
totally unashamed self promotion https://soundcloud.com/tomo-sludge-merrello

I PROMISE IT'S NOT ALL BAD

Post Reply