If grungers were united...

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

SURTIDES
Grunge fan

If grungers were united...

Post by SURTIDES »

Has anybody in this "grunge website" ever stopped to think," If we like grunge so much, why don't we just do it? Lets Start a band!" My name is Edward Sage from L.A. grunge band, Surtides, and I'm here to tell you that you certainly can. Over a period of time, people have misconstrued the concept of being grungers; hence why people think it's dead, but it's not, it's just very lost, and it lives in all of us who are here connected. Grunge, the scum of music, the dirt of underground, the last rebels of how "music should be played." If grunge is truely what you love, then why don't you simply just start a band? I mean you are grunge, you are scum, you don't have to be the greatest musician who ever lived to play this type of music. Instead of just sitting here writing about grunge predecessors, fashion, and who knows grunge what and grunge that, get up and start it again! It is possible with enough people interested and playing this type of music, just as it was possible about 25 years in underground Seattle. I might be crazy, but hey, I believe in grunge, I do, but I'm just tired of "modern grungers" and "old grungers", copying music(covers) or just blowing up past grunge musicians, bands, trends, or "trying to be too grunge". No, be yourself, if you like the music and the past musicians, great! Let them inspire you to take your passion for grunge to a further level. You don't have to wear flannels or have long hair or wear ripped jeans or have a careless attitude to be grunge! Be yourself (however you are) and demonstate it through your music!That's real carelessness and that is how this nation of grungers is going to grow, once more.

If you are interested in seeing us SURTIDES, follow us on twitter, myspace, facebook, website and recordings coming soon
We are having a show at the WHISKY A GO-GO, SATURDAY APRIL 21,2012... STAY TILL THE END
Tickets are $10 but buy them from us and tickets are $8, we put in $2 for anybody that buys them from us!
SunnyJim

Re: If grungers were united...

Post by SunnyJim »

Sounds stupid. Have a good time.
Holding back the fool again.
SURTIDES
Grunge fan

Post by SURTIDES »

SunnyJim wrote:Sounds stupid. Have a good time.
Have a great time with billy corgan "grunger"
SunnyJim

Post by SunnyJim »

Thx have a great time scamming these YOUNG, INNOCENT, IMPRESSIONABLE pugs
evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

All I see is the word TURDS.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum
SunnyJim

Post by SunnyJim »

All I see is the DOLLAR SIGNS in this young criminals face. Mark Arm would've spit in your face sir </3

jk i dnt rly give a fuck about this
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

what does this have to do with love battery? maybe I missed something.
SURTIDES
Grunge fan

Post by SURTIDES »

SunnyJim wrote:Thx have a great time scamming these YOUNG, INNOCENT, IMPRESSIONABLE pugs
Oh! Okay I'm sorry, I know that what it takes to be grunge is what you are in your depressed melancholic world in Utah... Grow a pair and play music, lets see if you don't end up playing Zero, fragile unknowledgable boy.. or perhaps go on stage and perform like a real careless grunger and see if you don't piss your pants..
evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Well, this is an AWESOME way to join a forum! Post spam as your first post, AND proceed to insult people and their music tastes! Way to go! You're a real winner!
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum
SURTIDES
Grunge fan

Post by SURTIDES »

SunnyJim wrote:All I see is the DOLLAR SIGNS in this young criminals face. Mark Arm would've spit in your face sir </3

jk i dnt rly give a fuck about this
Yeah fucking kid and that's why we put in some of our money? Because I sponsor my band 24/7, so that real grungers won't be stuck with fucking imbesiles like yourself or this "grunge god"
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Cut it out, dude. You really shouldn't insult senior members, ESPECIALLY mods.
And besides, we ALL know that I am the grungiest of the grunge grunginess. Not.

http://soundcloud.com/jmusic01234
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
SURTIDES
Grunge fan

Post by SURTIDES »

evee103 wrote:Well, this is an AWESOME way to join a forum! Post spam as your first post, AND proceed to insult people and their music tastes! Way to go! You're a real winner!
Spam? The person who insulted 1st was that 16 year old kid, you being the 2nd. Is this not supposed to be a "all grunge forum"
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

We're a polka forum.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Wow dude you are trippin. Yes spam. And when did I insult you again?

And, if you took the time to actually check out all of this forum, you'd see that there is a section called "non grunge bands that grungers like." Smashing pumpkins is included in that list. It IS a grunge forum, but of course there's more than solely grunge.
evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

MO FACKIN POLKA!