Cool band names

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Leo89
Grunge guru

Re: Cool band names

Post by Leo89 »

The Atomic Farts
[color=#008000]I feel like a slice of butter...melting over a big ol' pile of flapjacks...yeah[/color]
Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola »

Karayonh.
SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

my band would be called asshole. and if they try to ban us for it, we'll just change it to acewhole.
sky above, voice within
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Post by XsInMyEyes »

For when I start my band, which I hope to heaven is sooner instead of later, I have already selected the name “Thompson Narrative”.
Firstly, the etymology, years ago Mr Thompson taught me English during my teenage days, and he refused ever to use the word “story”, “book” or even “novel” — instead he would always substitute these words with “narrative”.
Secondly, it puts me in mind of 60s band names including Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground and Fairport Convention — those were such good bands, and part of the reason they made such a connection with me was that their names got me interested; I suppose I aspire for an element of that in what I do.
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time. It's still unfashionable to beleive in principles.