The SickNeeds stuff.

For musicians and wannabe musicians. Talk about your own band and experiences with playing music and feel free to share your music with us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Canucker
Grunge God

Re: The SickNeeds stuff.

Post by Canucker » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:11 pm

thanks....why haven't you yet? :-p

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Well where you be playing? Besides Canadaland?
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:04 pm

anywhere that books us? Our shows here are almost always $5 (any more and we get kinda annoyed)....considering the exchange rate.........think of how much you'd save by coming to see us here for 5 canuckbucks rather then over your way for 5 UUUUUgeeedollars! We are campaigning right for a drummer.....sifting through dozens of goons replying to our ad on kijiji. Its been about two and a half months. Suppose to jam with a guy next week. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.htm ... stSource=b

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:12 pm

OH MY GOD HAS IT BEEN THIS LONG SINCE I SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MY BAND?????.......

Well we have an album coming out next month!!!!!!! FINALLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/thesickneedsdotcom/

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:41 am

Sweet! Are you gonna release it on physical CDs? Or be hipster and release it on cassette and vinyl?
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:11 pm

things will be getting physical over here for a change..... might do a small run of 25 purple tapes (cus that isn't a big investment)... vinyl is off in the distance.... this is intended to reach a lot of people.... vinyl would be way to costly to do that. :-p wayyyyy.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:56 am

Yeah vinyls are pricey to make, pricey to buy. But awesome that you're doing cassettes, especially in the best color possible 8-) And what's there like 200 CD covers there?

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:19 pm

yeah vinyl breaks the bank hard....more so in Canada then in the states....all band related stuff is a good chunk more expensive here..... and touring is not nearly as developed as in the states where major cities are generally 2 to 4 hours apart.... Stadium type bands generally do Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal....obviously there are cities in between but that kinda gives you a sense of things.... and the cost to ship things with Canada Post pretty much made sure there was no mail order industry for bands. I always remember seeing Label Ads in American zines where i was "All Cds $10 plus $2 shipping.... add $1 per additional Cd".... In Canada it'd be $4.50 to ship a cd. I recall once attempting to send 2 in one envelop and because it was over a certain thickness they told me it was MORE then double of sending them one by one! So I went home and repackaged!

That box is 250 cd covers. I'm not gonna tell you how many boxes there! :-p