Dinosaur Jr Anyone??

The Massachusetts band who 'emerged from the depths of hardcore’s primeval sump'

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:23 pm

Angst-Ridden wrote:so your saying portugal is really shitty and poor? it musnt be hat bad if your on a computer... and you like grunge music
By poor I mean by european standards... which means that we're still filthy rich in comparision to 90% of the world :lol: Plus, my household is middle class, so we're not starving of course :P
It's still a shitty place to be, because nothing EVER happens here! And I'm about the only grunge interested person I know of here, except a couple of buddies, and Nirvana fans. there are scores of them, but they ONLY listen to Nirvana, so IMO they don't count.

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:32 am

You guys in portugal should be happy for the sun!! In england the weather is usually shit.
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:41 am

Shit, I couldn't care less about the weather, I wish that I lived in england :lol:

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:14 pm

I saw dinosaur Jr last night in camden Koko theater. What a friken show. They played the whole of your living all over me (only my favorite album!!!) start to finish with 3 encores. There was so much noise, it was all fucking fuzzy loud feedback rock. They know how to rock. J mascis is in his 40s but he can still put on a supurb show. The croud loved it too, everyone was either bouncing or moshing and there was loads of croudsurfers (including me). I got some great pics on my disposible camera too, definatly one of, or my favorite show ever. At the end, this fat bald guy came out and was saying something like "if u wanna see more, clap your fukin hands!" But nobody could really hear him cos J's guitar was lying on the floor with a deafening feedback but everyone was screaming and clapping and they came on to do 3!! encores!!!! Including 2 songs they havnt played live ever. During their last song, that fat guy was jumpin onstage and this dude with long black hair climbed on his back and they were jumpin and running around. And Just as they left J picked up the cymbal and smashd it on the floor and kicked the bass drum over which send it rolling across the stage...Man, my back and neck is wrecked and my ears are ringing like hell.

The warm up guy was hilarious. This one guy with an acoustic guitar and rack of pedals. He played one riff, recorded it and layered another on top of it than sang some weird vocals which sounded like a choir hymn. It was cool at first but after ten mins of the same stuff, everyone got bored and was shouting "GET of the stage!!"...."DINOSAUR!!!!"

Oh man.....best show ive been to.
when he made this town

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:32 pm

I wish I could see them like that... headlining a concert

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:46 am

yeah i saw tickets for them on the internet... but i dont know them that well. So youve been to the koko theatre... is it any good cus thats where mudhoneys playing
>>>Insert cheesey saying or quote<<<

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:44 am

Its a great little place. It has 3 floors and a big disco ball at the top. Its small, not tiny but not as big as the astoria. Theres a big bar at the back too where they sell overpriced bevrages pft...
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:03 pm

i guess they sell beer... obviously i cant get it though... damn the no under 18's rule, theyre only invented to comfort the prude strict idiots... i wanted to see the constantines in bristol where i live but its over 18s onley.

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:36 pm

Well at least we can buy alcohol over here... seems like portugal isn't that bad after all :lol:

too bad I don't drink much.

Oh well, we've got plenty of cheap hash here too 8)

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:21 am

damn you bastards... how old are you? i feel sorry for americasn they have to wait until theyre 21 ha ha

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:39 am

I'm 17 and the legal drinking age here is 16. I didn't have any problems buying alcohol when I was 14 though. :lol:

and yep, I feel really sorry for them americans 8) oh well :roll:

evil_twinkie
Grunge guru

Post by evil_twinkie » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:57 pm

well we can only legally to drink when were 21... its plenty easy to get a hold of it underage, and nobody can stop us from drinking :wink:

not only that, but it is legal to drink when we are 16 at home with our parent's permission.

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:09 pm

evil_twinkie wrote:not only that, but it is legal to drink when we are 16 at home with our parent's permission.
Gee, that sounds like fun! :P

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:08 am

where do you live floyd the barber? I wish the world was a bit more liberal....

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:14 am

I live in Portugal.

And I agree with the liberal thing, the more liberal the better...