concerts past

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

breakingthegirl
Grunge fan

concerts past

Post by breakingthegirl » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:57 am

hiya,

i'm trying to remember who i saw with the screaming trees in late aug 1992 in vancouver, possibly at gm place. it is driving me nuts. were you there? do you remember? there were three bands on the bill that night, was soul asylum one of them?

the screaming trees were bloody amazing, obviously overshadowing the other bands on the bill.

help?
r.
i just happened to be nowhere near your neighborhood...

breakingthegirl
Grunge fan

Re: concerts past

Post by breakingthegirl » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:33 am

i'm just going to go ahead and answer my own question. :-P

after i posted this i was scrolling through the bands forum list and the person who created the screaming trees forum subtitled it "Talk about the formidable Screaming Trees, the first band I ever saw live (opening for Soul Asylum and Spin Doctors in the early 90s)." that's when i remembered it was those bands on the bill.

the spin doctors were terrible, not that i liked them to begin with, but i do remember being disappointed by soul asylum. but yeah, as i said in my original post, ST were so amazing they overshadowed the other bands, and i think they were on first.
r.
i just happened to be nowhere near your neighborhood...

Nurockid
Grunge fanatic

Re: concerts past

Post by Nurockid » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:26 am

breakingthegirl wrote:i'm just going to go ahead and answer my own question. :-P

the spin doctors were terrible, not that i liked them to begin with, but i do remember being disappointed by soul asylum. but yeah, as i said in my original post, ST were so amazing they overshadowed the other bands, and i think they were on first.
r.
I think that the singer was on major drugs. The band was cool but was all messed up. What are they doing now anyways