Upcoming Concerts

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Amanda
Grunge guru

Upcoming Concerts

Post by Amanda »

Anyone going to any concerts in the near future? Post 'em!

Next up for me is an Aaron Lewis acoustic show at the end of the month, then Sevendust at the end of February.
"I created the sound of madness
Wrote the book on pain
Somehow I'm still here to explain..."

NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA
Grunge prophet

Post by NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA »

I'm seeing Blue Oyster Cult in June 8)
"Don't follow a trend. Follow your heart."

-Krist Novoselic

Amanda
Grunge guru

Post by Amanda »

I'm off to see Godsmack on Saturday. Then in July, Staind (headlining show) and Staind again opening for Nickelback with Daughtry two days later. Tool about a week after that.... And possibly Stone Sour in August.

Meh, I'm a concert junkie.
Wrote the book on pain

NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA
Grunge prophet

Daughtry :lol: Whatever he was probably the coolest American Idol :roll:

-Krist Novoselic

Amanda
Grunge guru

Post by Amanda »

Haha, love that dude. I must have voted over 100 times for him on American Idol..... :shock: 8)
Wrote the book on pain

NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA
Grunge prophet

Man I can't even stand to watch that show, how do you vote for it :P

-Krist Novoselic

Amanda
Grunge guru

Post by Amanda »

I'm freakin' out right now. My voice is gone.

The bands were just announced for a big outdoor radio concert thingy that the rock station here holds every year. Chris Cornell is going to be there with Deftones, Black Light Burns, Social Distortion, Sick Puppies, Evans Blue, & Strata.

Deftones, Chris Cornell, and Black Light Burns.......... I'm so there.

Hahaha....This is the 4th show I'm going to in the month of July. Damn, I'm a concert whore :shock:
Wrote the book on pain

Bleached
Grunge fan

Post by Bleached »

This month I'm going to the pukkelpop festival (nirvana played there in '91).
sonic youth will play there, dinosaur jr., chris cornell, smashing pumpkins, silverchair,...

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

I'm gonna see Alice In Chains twice this month one here in new york and the other in new jersey....YAY for me :D

Bleached
Grunge fan

Post by Bleached »

@Alex: is that a festival?
because I would like a club much more, but they play in the marquee, so it's more intimate than at the main stage

Bleached
Grunge fan

Post by Bleached »

:o :o :o what do you mean by that :shock:

Bleached
Grunge fan

Post by Bleached »

awesome! that's better ... :( but dino is dino, right ^^

Bleached
Grunge fan

Post by Bleached »

Ok, I went to pukkelpop and this is a short review ^^

The first day there was no grunge :O
but then... the second day chris cornell played at the main stage. He played 5 soundgarden songs (outshined, spoonman, black hole sun, fell on black days and rusty cage, which are great choices I think), he also played some audioslave songs and a solo acoustic cover of Billie Jean, which was fabulous. Later that night dinosaur jr. played in the marquee so I was already there when sophia played ^^ and then I had to wait another 65 min., I was on the front row and could see mascis &co talking in the backstage. Can't remember the playlist anymore but they started with the first song of their new album, 'almost ready', they also played well known songs like 'freak scene', 'the wagon', 'feel the pain',... their was a pit going on behind me, and some crowdsurfers but luckely I didn't notice much from that ;) My expectations were very high and I was totally satisfied about it, it was really cool.
Then I went back to the main stage for the Smashing Pumpkins. They were already playing when I arrived. When I found my friends, we were listening for a few minutes but it was so boring that we decided to play carts. Until they played 'bullet with butterfly wings', and later 'tarantula' but after tarantula we went back to the camping... I was really disappointed in this one. But I'm not such a SP fan...
The third and last day, I was looking forward to see silverchair. But I was in another tent watching another band and I fell asleep, so when I woke up again I realised Silverchair was already playing for 15min. so I hurried up to the marquee and saw a good silverchair. They played a lot of new stuff which I don't like that much, but as last song they played 'Freak'.
In the evening Sonic Youth ended the festival in the marquee. The concept was to play the whole Daydream Nation album, which I don't have, I only knew the first song...'Teenage Riot'. I had a really bad place and couldn't see much, but afterall it was a good show,...and a great festival.

Amanda
Grunge guru

Post by Amanda »

I saw Alice In Chains and Velvet Revolver a couple weeks ago. Awesome show.

Wrote the book on pain

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

I saw Alice In Chains and Velvet Revolver last month :D