no

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

subpop1999
Grunge God

no

Post by subpop1999 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Anyone that thinks Pearl Jam are metal can fuck themselves
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

otherimprov
Site Admin

Re: no

Post by otherimprov » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:31 am

lol who thinks so??
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:52 am

Your subjects are like clickbait titles, which are so FUCKING ANNOYING JUST LIKE PEOPLE WHO THINK PEARL JAM ARE METAL! AND WHY IS THIS IN CONCERTS AND NOT IN THE PJ SECTION! ALL CAPITALS TO SHOW MY ANNOYANCE AND ANGER CAUSE INTERNET!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:31 am

I was watching a metal evolution show and they put grunge in with metal and said Pearl jam was metal
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 am

Can you two guys please move in together or at least have your own podcast or bloggie poggie? I think that would guarantee for a marvellous time. Well, at least for the audience.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 am

subpop1999 wrote:I was watching a metal evolution show and they put grunge in with metal and said Pearl jam was metal
grunge and metal are very much connected and pearl jam is (by popular opinion) a grunge band, what's the problem?
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:12 am

that theyre not metal

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:14 am

but wait, hang on... they put grunge in with metal and put pearl jam in? or did they specifically state that pearl jam were a metal band?
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:26 am

I do fuck myself....it has nothing to do with Pearl Jam.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:31 am

incessantmace wrote:Can you two guys please move in together or at least have your own podcast or bloggie poggie? I think that would guarantee for a marvellous time. Well, at least for the audience.
He wouldn't last 5 minutes with me. ;) But I'm not going to say no.
Canucker wrote:I do fuck myself....it has nothing to do with Pearl Jam.
ME TOO!
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:49 am

incessantmace wrote:Can you two guys please move in together or at least have your own podcast or bloggie poggie? I think that would guarantee for a marvellous time. Well, at least for the audience.
Who, me and Kyle? Pleeeease

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 am

I'm ready for love oh baby I'm ready for love
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:08 am

So metal, just like this ;)

otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:41 am

MDT did a radio interview a few months ago and the DJ kept asking us how long we have been playing metal, listening to it, that kind of thing. I finally asked him "Are we metal?" and he replied with "As far as I can tell."

This is why I think genres in general are bullshit. You pick one out of necessity today because if you do not then you get put in one by someone else.

The moral of the story is some people hear a distorted guitar and simply categorize that into metal. It's not about what they think anyway, it's about the music and they way you feel about it. The rest of the stuff are labels designed to package and sell you an idea.

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:09 am

boxcar wrote:MDT did a radio interview a few months ago and the DJ kept asking us how long we have been playing metal, listening to it, that kind of thing. I finally asked him "Are we metal?" and he replied with "As far as I can tell."

This is why I think genres in general are bullshit. You pick one out of necessity today because if you do not then you get put in one by someone else.

The moral of the story is some people hear a distorted guitar and simply categorize that into metal. It's not about what they think anyway, it's about the music and they way you feel about it. The rest of the stuff are labels designed to package and sell you an idea.
Hell yeah.