no

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

subpop1999
Grunge God
Posts: 2932
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: Alice in Chains

no

Post by subpop1999 »

Anyone that thinks Pearl Jam are metal can fuck themselves
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
otherimprov
Site Admin
Posts: 6457
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Fate Decided Otherwise

Re: no

Post by otherimprov »

lol who thinks so??
Eat your water and drink your vegetables
Y2K-kyle
Moderator
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: You're the only TN I see

Re: no

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Your subjects are like clickbait titles, which are so FUCKING ANNOYING JUST LIKE PEOPLE WHO THINK PEARL JAM ARE METAL! AND WHY IS THIS IN CONCERTS AND NOT IN THE PJ SECTION! ALL CAPITALS TO SHOW MY ANNOYANCE AND ANGER CAUSE INTERNET!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
subpop1999
Grunge God
Posts: 2932
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: Alice in Chains

Re: no

Post by subpop1999 »

I was watching a metal evolution show and they put grunge in with metal and said Pearl jam was metal
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
incessantmace
Site Admin
Posts: 13899
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:56 am
Location: North Germany

Re: no

Post by incessantmace »

Can you two guys please move in together or at least have your own podcast or bloggie poggie? I think that would guarantee for a marvellous time. Well, at least for the audience.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God
Posts: 2833
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 pm
Location: Anywhere but here.

Re: no

Post by PunkingtonGrunge »

subpop1999 wrote:I was watching a metal evolution show and they put grunge in with metal and said Pearl jam was metal
grunge and metal are very much connected and pearl jam is (by popular opinion) a grunge band, what's the problem?
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur
subpop1999
Grunge God
Posts: 2932
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: Alice in Chains

Re: no

Post by subpop1999 »

that theyre not metal
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God
Posts: 2833
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 pm
Location: Anywhere but here.

Re: no

Post by PunkingtonGrunge »

but wait, hang on... they put grunge in with metal and put pearl jam in? or did they specifically state that pearl jam were a metal band?
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur
Canucker
Grunge God
Posts: 3466
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: no

Post by Canucker »

I do fuck myself....it has nothing to do with Pearl Jam.
Y2K-kyle
Moderator
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: You're the only TN I see

Re: no

Post by Y2K-kyle »

incessantmace wrote:Can you two guys please move in together or at least have your own podcast or bloggie poggie? I think that would guarantee for a marvellous time. Well, at least for the audience.
He wouldn't last 5 minutes with me. ;) But I'm not going to say no.
Canucker wrote:I do fuck myself....it has nothing to do with Pearl Jam.
ME TOO!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
subpop1999
Grunge God
Posts: 2932
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: Alice in Chains

Re: no

Post by subpop1999 »

incessantmace wrote:Can you two guys please move in together or at least have your own podcast or bloggie poggie? I think that would guarantee for a marvellous time. Well, at least for the audience.
Who, me and Kyle? Pleeeease
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
otherimprov
Site Admin
Posts: 6457
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Fate Decided Otherwise

Re: no

Post by otherimprov »

I'm ready for love oh baby I'm ready for love
Eat your water and drink your vegetables
Y2K-kyle
Moderator
Posts: 9105
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: You're the only TN I see

Re: no

Post by Y2K-kyle »

So metal, just like this ;)

otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
boxcar
Site Admin
Posts: 4358
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Iowa City
Contact:

Re: no

Post by boxcar »

MDT did a radio interview a few months ago and the DJ kept asking us how long we have been playing metal, listening to it, that kind of thing. I finally asked him "Are we metal?" and he replied with "As far as I can tell."

This is why I think genres in general are bullshit. You pick one out of necessity today because if you do not then you get put in one by someone else.

The moral of the story is some people hear a distorted guitar and simply categorize that into metal. It's not about what they think anyway, it's about the music and they way you feel about it. The rest of the stuff are labels designed to package and sell you an idea.
__________________________
You should check out Milk Duct Tape, the new grunge rock band on the scene:
"LIKE" on Facebook. Listen to new music here: MDT on Bandcamp
subpop1999
Grunge God
Posts: 2932
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Location: Alice in Chains

Re: no

Post by subpop1999 »

boxcar wrote:MDT did a radio interview a few months ago and the DJ kept asking us how long we have been playing metal, listening to it, that kind of thing. I finally asked him "Are we metal?" and he replied with "As far as I can tell."

This is why I think genres in general are bullshit. You pick one out of necessity today because if you do not then you get put in one by someone else.

The moral of the story is some people hear a distorted guitar and simply categorize that into metal. It's not about what they think anyway, it's about the music and they way you feel about it. The rest of the stuff are labels designed to package and sell you an idea.
Hell yeah.
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.
Post Reply