crowd surfing

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

blackmagejtp
Grunge maniac

crowd surfing

Post by blackmagejtp »

i went to vinos one time ( night club ) this dude is like you wanna go up? i was okay he lifted me up moved around the room for a while while this band played. i forgot the name of the band.
Sorlag
Grunge God

Re: crowd surfing

Post by Sorlag »

:lol: The image I get in my head! It's like this one guy who lifts you up whilst the others are just standing there and you're all like "wee"
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

:lol: I never crowdsurfed. I was more like the guy like Charles Peterson says in Hype! about those folks in NY who scratch their beards and say "Hmmm.... don't know, he missed a not there..." and looking all :geek:-y

(I exaggerate for dramatic purposes :P )
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
theLeopard
Grunge master

Post by theLeopard »

surfed at warped tour, was fun
Silvergun Superman wrote:music is becoming WAY too mainstream.
Robeescream
Grunge fanatic

Post by Robeescream »

i also have never. It's always terrified me. I'm more of a beard scratching admirer as well. I knew a girl who got thrown up and dropped and cracked her tailbone. And a guy who stage dove/dived and broke his elbow. I've always wanted to do it with a guitar in my hands though. THAT never scared me.
Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

I crowd surfed a lot at Pissed Jeans, I do not weigh much so the people there had no problem lifting me around the room for several minutes. It was fantastic, I layed on my back and watched the ceiling move!
Here's a photo of my friend at the same concert, no picture was taken of me however :o

when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

I used to be a beard scratcher, but then I realized I wasn't getting the most out of the cake. Like, just standing there and listening and watching people play isn't as comforting as going crazy when everybody goes crazy; From my point of view, joining the tribe is where the fun is.
sky above, voice within
Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

incessantmace wrote::lol: I never crowdsurfed. I was more like the guy like Charles Peterson says in Hype! about those folks in NY who scratch their beards and say "Hmmm.... don't know, he missed a not there..." and looking all :geek:-y

(I exaggerate for dramatic purposes :P )
I'm the only one clever enough to sit in a chair rather than stand up for hours on end like a gimboid.
Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet

Post by Zodiac_n_Black »

I move around the room until I find a spot where the sound suits me and then plonk myslef there. Then a really tall person comes and stands dirctly in front of me. It happens without fail. When I was watching Monster Magnet it was the singer from Orange Goblin.

I've never seen the appeal of crowd surfing, but I like that people do it. It adds to my experience in it's own way.
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.
tracheae
Grunge master

Post by tracheae »

never have done that and probably never will :|
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

I've always been too fat to crowd surf. Although I did see a big guy at Andrew WK that gave it a go. I just kept thinking how lucky I was not to be close to the stage at that time.
TheAlmightyCornholio
Grunge fan

Post by TheAlmightyCornholio »

I crowd surfed at a Metallica gig about 10 years ago, got pretty far. I surfed at a Slayer show but I got dropped! Lucky I landed on my arse and didn't do my elbow/wrist/neck or anything. Not sure I'd recommend it.
Aint got no how whatchamacallit.
shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

I did it when I saw Filter! When the chorus kicked in during "Hey Man, Nice Shot" (it really explodes!) I jumped into the crowd. It was very easy to climb onto that stage at that club! I think I did it once when I was playing bass in a thrash metal band. Those shows were crazy sometimes!
A master of blöjäri.