Next Concert your going to??

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

User avatar
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Grunge_Chick » Fri May 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Went to the Andrew WK concert in STL on Wednesday and it was an experience. My friend and I got there when the doors opened. Met some cool people, just talking and stuff. It was supposed to start at 8 and the opening band didn't start until a little after 9:30 so everyone was basically trashed by then. I had a really good spot right next to the stage, I could literally touch and jump up there if I wanted to. The opening band was called The Fuck Off and Dies or something like that and they were a cool punk band. Then they play for maybe 30 minutes and we wait another 30-45 mins for Andrew WK. By then fights have started and I'm getting kinda pissed. Then Andrew WK comes out and this big girl on the side of me pushes me and she had some girth on her and gets in front of me. As soon as he walks on stage there is an insane mosh pit, I tried to grab onto the dude next to me and my friend and we all get separated from each other and I am immediately covered in booze. I finally make my way through the mosh pit towards the back. Fights are going, people are crowd surfing, Andrew WK is crowd surfing, and I'm sweaty as hell. Some guy got bit, this dude I was talking with had his face pulled on, people were grinding in the parking lot, ect. All of what you can expect from his concert. It was a good time but I kept thinking "I'm too old for this shit" :weird:

User avatar
Y2K-kyle
Moderator
Posts: 8858
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: You're the only TN I see

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 pm

That's too intense for me :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

johnwaynewasanazi
Grunge prophet
Posts: 2403
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 am

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by johnwaynewasanazi » Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 pm

well i was gonna see Savages in DC but it fucking sold out :sad2:

might see Foster the People in North Carolina next month

User avatar
cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God
Posts: 4306
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:22 am
Location: home

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r » Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 pm

July 25: Flaming Lips in Liberty Park

User avatar
Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:54 am

I've got a nice weekend of gigs coming up, I'm seeing Mark Lanegan Friday at the Union Chapel which is a big old church and then I'm going to see Walking Papers, Ghost and Alice In Chains on Saturday night at Alexandra Palace.

Union Chapel
Image

Alexandra Palace
Image
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Image

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

User avatar
Schneider
Grunge God
Posts: 17305
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Schneider » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 am

Grunge_Chick wrote:Went to the Andrew WK concert in STL on Wednesday and it was an experience. My friend and I got there when the doors opened. Met some cool people, just talking and stuff. It was supposed to start at 8 and the opening band didn't start until a little after 9:30 so everyone was basically trashed by then. I had a really good spot right next to the stage, I could literally touch and jump up there if I wanted to. The opening band was called The Fuck Off and Dies or something like that and they were a cool punk band. Then they play for maybe 30 minutes and we wait another 30-45 mins for Andrew WK. By then fights have started and I'm getting kinda pissed. Then Andrew WK comes out and this big girl on the side of me pushes me and she had some girth on her and gets in front of me. As soon as he walks on stage there is an insane mosh pit, I tried to grab onto the dude next to me and my friend and we all get separated from each other and I am immediately covered in booze. I finally make my way through the mosh pit towards the back. Fights are going, people are crowd surfing, Andrew WK is crowd surfing, and I'm sweaty as hell. Some guy got bit, this dude I was talking with had his face pulled on, people were grinding in the parking lot, ect. All of what you can expect from his concert. It was a good time but I kept thinking "I'm too old for this shit" :weird:
I never understood the need for all that madness. If everyone decided to play nice, do you think you would have enjoyed it more?
Image

User avatar
Scarabola
Grunge God
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm
Location: Texass

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Scarabola » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:54 am

Cypress fucking Hill. (Nov 15)
Image

User avatar
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Grunge_Chick » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Schneider wrote:
Grunge_Chick wrote:Went to the Andrew WK concert in STL on Wednesday and it was an experience. My friend and I got there when the doors opened. Met some cool people, just talking and stuff. It was supposed to start at 8 and the opening band didn't start until a little after 9:30 so everyone was basically trashed by then. I had a really good spot right next to the stage, I could literally touch and jump up there if I wanted to. The opening band was called The Fuck Off and Dies or something like that and they were a cool punk band. Then they play for maybe 30 minutes and we wait another 30-45 mins for Andrew WK. By then fights have started and I'm getting kinda pissed. Then Andrew WK comes out and this big girl on the side of me pushes me and she had some girth on her and gets in front of me. As soon as he walks on stage there is an insane mosh pit, I tried to grab onto the dude next to me and my friend and we all get separated from each other and I am immediately covered in booze. I finally make my way through the mosh pit towards the back. Fights are going, people are crowd surfing, Andrew WK is crowd surfing, and I'm sweaty as hell. Some guy got bit, this dude I was talking with had his face pulled on, people were grinding in the parking lot, ect. All of what you can expect from his concert. It was a good time but I kept thinking "I'm too old for this shit" :weird:
I never understood the need for all that madness. If everyone decided to play nice, do you think you would have enjoyed it more?
Definitely would have enjoyed it more without some of the crazy people. I saw Andrew WK again a month or so ago and some douche started throwing shot glasses and one hit a person in my group and booze was thrown all over so needless to say I was drenched. Mainly I find that it is the younger people in the crowd who feel the need to act like morons. I don't have a problem with moshing, crowd surfing, and that sort of thing in moderation but when people get rude, start fights, and start throwing things it gets dangerous for everyone and then you just have the band pissed off. You can act wild and have a good time without acting like a jerk.

User avatar
Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 am

Natuarlly Lanegan was fantastic, I would usually post bad quality YouTube videos of gigs I've been to but even with the shitty quality the greatness of this performance comes through I think (not my video - I'm not a gig-filmer). Just check out that band!


He also did versions of Mack The Knife and You Only Live Twice.

On Saturday night Walking Papers were pretty bland to be honest. Ghost was entertaining to some degree but I just didn't hear great material coming through. I wasn't left wanting to check any more of their music out.

Alice In Chains blew the roof off the place from the beginning. They only played two songs off the new album which I was a bit disappointed about because I like the new album and I think William did some fantastic vocals, but then again can't really complain at this set list:


Them Bones
Dam That River
Check My Brain
Again
Man in the Box
Got Me Wrong
Last of My Kind
Hollow
Rotten Apple
No Excuses
Stone
We Die Young
Dirt
Down in a Hole
Encore:
It Ain't Like That
Would?
Rooster
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Image

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

User avatar
Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:52 am

Queens of the Stone Age tonight!
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Image

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

User avatar
incessantmace
Site Admin
Posts: 13333
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:56 am
Location: North Germany

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by incessantmace » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Lucky you!
Image
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

User avatar
Y2K-kyle
Moderator
Posts: 8858
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: You're the only TN I see

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:04 pm

SERIOUSLY!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

User avatar
Zodiac_n_Black
Grunge prophet
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Zodiac_n_Black » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 am

The show was great, I can't criticise their performance at all but the venue is utter turd. I went to see Dream Theatre there a few years ago and it was the same thing. i didn't initially get tickets to QOTSA because of the venue but then a friend asked if I wanted to go because he had an extra ticket. It's just too big and echo-y to get any decent volume or clarity in there. With a band like Queens so much of the action is taking place in the bottom end and that just got lost in the mushy acoustics so they lost a lot of their intensity and power.

I have to say John Theodore is an amazing drummer, he nailed everything.
Debut album out now, listen to the whole thing on Soundcloud here ...

Image

Add us on Facebook and watch our video for Bad Pills here.

User avatar
Sorlag
Grunge God
Posts: 4462
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by Sorlag » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:59 am

SHONEN KNIFE! And guess where they are playing? At the same stage my band had their first show! 8D

Image Image
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

User avatar
TheAlmightyCornholio
Grunge fan
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:36 pm

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by TheAlmightyCornholio » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Next gigs I'm going to? Neil Young and maybe Slayer :)
Aint got no how whatchamacallit.

Post Reply