Anyone on here going to Bestival?

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Re: Anyone on here going to Bestival?

Post by Nirvanaholic » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:45 am

Zodiac_n_Black wrote:
Nirvanaholic wrote:
I've been good. Spent the past year in Wales, studying my masters in International Journalism. Almost done now, heading back to India in a month. But I'm quite happy, in this one year in the UK, I got to see the Melvins (twice), Pearl Jam (twice), Soundgarden and Mudhoney!
Were you at ATP at Alexandra Palace per chance? And Hyde Park for Soundgarden?

Wit regards to Bestival, I'm not going but looking at the lineup the bands I recognise and think you should check out are Alabama Shakes, Django Django, Sleepy Sun, Field Music, Turbowolf and Azealia Banks. I'm sure loads of those other bands on there will be excellent though, that festival usually has a good lineup.
Yeah, I was at Alexandra Palace. Was quite fun. Saw Soundgarden at Download, which was fun, but way too many metalheads for my taste. Also, too much bloody mud.

Looking forward to Django Django, Sleepy Sun and Field Music. Lots of great artists in that line-up, I'm quite excited.
ImageImageImage

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46 am

Checks wrote:I'm actually going up there with Kids In Glass Houses..

Skindred is gonna be the one to watch..that'll be amazing!!
Saw Skindred at Download and they raised all types of hell. Great band.
ImageImageImage

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:51 am

Grunge_Chick wrote:
Nirvanaholic wrote:Hey, yeah. Funny story, I was looking at some videos on youtube posted by someone named Curmudgeon, and then I remembered curmudgeon1980, and then I was like, let's check out Grungeforum.

I've been good. Spent the past year in Wales, studying my masters in International Journalism. Almost done now, heading back to India in a month. But I'm quite happy, in this one year in the UK, I got to see the Melvins (twice), Pearl Jam (twice), Soundgarden and Mudhoney!

Bestival's my last big gig before I head back, after that I'll have to wait a couple of years and save up a lot of money before I can head back to the UK and see any big non-Indian bands I like again :(
Hey there! I'm Kaylan. I think it's awesome that you are studying International Journalism. I'm going into Communications and thought about doing Journalism. Sounds like you have had some great experiences! Stick around this time.
Hey there! Where are you studying?
ImageImageImage