Anyone on here going to Bestival?

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Anyone on here going to Bestival?

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm not entirely sure if anyone on here even remembers me :P, but I'm in Cardiff at the moment and I'm going to Bestival next month. I thought it might be fun to meet up with some people I used to discuss music with way back in 2005.
ImageImageImage

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Anyone on here going to Bestival?

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Wowwwwww

Haven't seen you post in ages man. How are things on your end??? Been a long while

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Whoa, I see your posts from time to time around here. I love it when people who were here a long time ago show up out of the blue. No help here, I'm from California, and I've never even heard of this festival.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey, not sure if we've met yet, but if not, I'm Evee! Welcome back! There are a few people here around Cardiff I think.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey, yeah. Funny story, I was looking at some videos on youtube posted by someone named Curmudgeon, and then I remembered curmudgeon1980, and then I was like, let's check out Grungeforum.

I've been good. Spent the past year in Wales, studying my masters in International Journalism. Almost done now, heading back to India in a month. But I'm quite happy, in this one year in the UK, I got to see the Melvins (twice), Pearl Jam (twice), Soundgarden and Mudhoney!

Bestival's my last big gig before I head back, after that I'll have to wait a couple of years and save up a lot of money before I can head back to the UK and see any big non-Indian bands I like again :(
ImageImageImage

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Hello Evee! You probably haven't met me, I haven't posted on here except for once or twice in a few years. I used to be quite regular on here earlier though, when I was 16 and couldn't spell :P

Is Adam still around?
ImageImageImage

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Curmudgeon1980 (Corey?) still creeps around here, doesn't post much anymore. Guess that can be said with most/all of the originals. Good to hear the UK has been treating well though.

Stick around and post a ton!

Adam virtually deleted himself from the board, never logs on or anything. Sad because I learned a ton from him. He was THEE original grunge encyclopedia :lol:

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Yeah, I was still hanging around when Adam did that. Thought he might have come back. He was such a big part of the forums back then.
ImageImageImage

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 pm

I must say, the forum's looking a lot livelier than the last time I logged on (about a year ago, I think).
ImageImageImage

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:31 pm

You, both here and on Grunge Fm. I think I talked him a few times on Facebook but it doesn't look like he's coming back, we can't even reminisce over his posts anymore!! Sad :(

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Haha, I'm going through my old posts right now and trying to figure out why I was so addicted to misusing ellipses back then.
ImageImageImage

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 pm

It's always hilarious to look back at past posts. Leaves you wondering, "What the hell was I talking about?!", "Why did I do that!!!??" Pretty funny. I refuse to do that when I decide to leave though :lol:

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah, it's always good fun, isn't it? I forgot to ask, how's life treating you?
ImageImageImage

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm alive, so it's going pretty well :D

Just graduated from college and now trying to find my way in the work world, or go get my Masters degree. Still deciding which way I want to go. I took a hiatus from the forum a little while back, didn't last long and came back. Place calls people back every now and again.

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Yeah, I spent so much of my time on here when I was 16-18. Got busy with life and stuff once I got to college, but I still remember about it every so often. I want to try and stick around for a while this time. When I left, things had gotten a bit weird and dead, but looks like there's a lot of fresh blood on here now :D
ImageImageImage