The Pleasants

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

incessantmace
Site Admin

The Pleasants

Post by incessantmace » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:39 am

Gonna see them tonight. Guess they're only something for the hippie/Neil Young faction but I'm gonna enjoy it anyway, so screw you :P

Here's their cover of Young's Helpless (in case you might have missed it in the Rate the Song thread):
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

incessantmace
Site Admin

Re: The Pleasants

Post by incessantmace » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:24 pm

God that was a great show! I feel so sorry for you guys for not having been there! They played Helpless for me and we ended up in a discussion which Crosby Stills Nash & Young album was better, the first one or Deja Vu :lol: Really, if the Pleasants play anywhere near you and you haven't sold your soul to the power chord industry yet, make sure you go there!
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

cobalt
Grunge God

Post by cobalt » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Sounds like a good show :) Are they like a Neil Young cover band or do they only play some Neil Young covers?
For those about to polka... we salute you

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:09 pm

No no, that was one of the very few covers they played on this tour, it was just the first song that popped up on youtube when I googled them. they have a load of original stuff (which is granted clearly Young influenced) but they're far from being a cover band :)

cobalt
Grunge God

Post by cobalt » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Ohh I see, when you first posted that Helpless cover in the other thread I thought they were a cover band.
I'll check them, being influenced by Neil Young always makes it a bit more interesting :lol:
For those about to polka... we salute you

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:01 am

Here's their new video for the song Sifting, also on their latest album :)

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Saw Amanda Rogers and the Pleasants in a tiny café yesterday and it was fantastic 8D The songs from their first album have grown considerably live (if you know what I mean) and the intimate atmosphere was just perfect. Plus, they've toured their asses off and do and design everything themselves, from records to merch and whatnot. Definitely a band to check out live and to support!

https://www.facebook.com/thepleasantsmusic