Last band you saw live?

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Levi Lauson
Grunge fanatic

Re: Last band you saw live?

Post by Levi Lauson »

The Who
[size=150][i]"Wherever death may surprise us, let it be welcome, provided that this our battle cry may have reached some receptive ear and another hand may be extended to wield our weapons"[/i]
[b]Che Guevara.[/b][/size]
Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah »

Drive-By Truckers :twisted:

[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?
http://www.sextoys.co.uk/cat_Dildos.asp?dept=0?dealer=2035[/quote]
otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov »

Stone temple pilot in march
Eat your water and drink your vegetables
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

King's X in Hamburg last night. They were so amazing. Ty's a mean guitar player, Jerry's your total drum animal and Doug's just the most lovable guy with the most soulful voice, they kicked so much ass!!! I was in heaven!!! 8D
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
BIT17
Grunge guru

Post by BIT17 »

incessantmace wrote:King's X in Hamburg last night. They were so amazing. Ty's a mean guitar player, Jerry's your total drum animal and Doug's just the most lovable guy with the most soulful voice, they kicked so much ass!!! I was in heaven!!! 8D
:mrgreen:
I don't like the American media - particularly Fox - Neil Young
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

BIT17 wrote:
incessantmace wrote:King's X in Hamburg last night. They were so amazing. Ty's a mean guitar player, Jerry's your total drum animal and Doug's just the most lovable guy with the most soulful voice, they kicked so much ass!!! I was in heaven!!! 8D
:mrgreen:
You like them too? Tell me more! :mrgreen:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
BIT17
Grunge guru

Post by BIT17 »

I love progressive metal - the contrast of progressive time signatures and the complex structure of prog with the abrasive sound of metal is amazing: i think kings x do it best :)
shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

The last one I saw was Devin Townsend Project, now I'm not exactly sure which one will be next since I might go to a few if I can somehow finance that.. :lol:
A master of blöjäri.
BIT17
Grunge guru

Post by BIT17 »

ugh, i was going to see eddie vedder, but by the time i got money tickets were sold out :x
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

It's been two weeks since then already but the last band I saw live was King's X. It had been the first time since 2003 I had seen them live, and they really kicked ass. Lots of songs from more than 20 years of band history, the crowd went nuts over the fan faves and the band themselves seemed quite comfortable in the friendly atmosphere. I got my fave album signed afterwards and told Ty Tabor (the guitarist) how sad me and my wife were that they didn't play Dream in My Live which had been our wedding song, and he seemed genuinely flattered by it. Alas I didn't take a picture with the band cuz we had to rush off to the stupid parking house but nevertheless it was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to, and even better than the first time I'd seen them. Totally recommended if you're into soulful heavy groovy stuff. I'm more a fan now than ever anyway 8D
TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Post by TheBrothersMudd »

I've only seen Weird Al Yankovic live, and it was good, and I was 10. But I hope I can see Mindless Self Indulgence live sometime in the near future.
yep
Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah »

Ill Ninooooooooo :D
[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?
http://www.sextoys.co.uk/cat_Dildos.asp?dept=0?dealer=2035[/quote]
shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze »

I'm going to see Filter next month :mrgreen: They play in some club in Helsinki, I just found out about it. The price of the tickets is absolutely nothing compared to how much I love this band :D 8D :mrgreen:

Next month is pretty badass gig-wise anyway, I remembered the Korn gig is then too and I think I'm going to see Foo Fighters too. It's funny that Korn is playing in a club too (although in a bigger one than Filter), they're a big band :shock: It'll be totally awesome to see both of those bands at a small venue.

I'm also going here: http://www.ilosaarirock.fi/2011/english/lineup.php

And most likely here: http://www.ruisrock.fi/index.php?browser_id=28
And here: http://www.tavastiaklubi.fi/tapahtuma/22520

I decided to go see as many as possible, what better use could I possibly have for my money :mrgreen:

it would have been nice to see System of a Down but the festival they're playing is far away and doesn't have enough other good bands to make it worthwhile so I decided to pass it...
A master of blöjäri.
Fopp
Grunge maniac

Post by Fopp »

Tie between Foghat and REO Speedwagon
Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat »

Honningbarna, Monster Magnet and Grinderman.

Blah. I'm definitely not a festival-guy. Music was great though.
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]