Rock Against Trump

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

OlyGrunge
Grunge fan

Rock Against Trump

Post by OlyGrunge » Mon May 28, 2018 6:57 pm

For the past ten months, myself, my brother and two of my high school friends have been working on a project called Rock Against Trump. It is a pro peace benefit show for immigrants' rights. I'm 16, and the three other people running it are 18. Four high school kids have managed to raise money to put on a benefit concert at the Capitol Theater in Olympia Washington to raise money for Northwest Immigrant Rights Project. Our band isn't playing, we have booked legitimate bands from around the Northwest with a big diversity in the lineup. We took inspiration to the Rock Against Bush event that Fat Mike produced. In Olympia, there was Bands Against Bush in 2000, which we were also heavily inspired by. We have a diverse lineup, including Northwest legends Girl Trouble, and some other cool local bands. We're also keeping it DIY by making our own merch and posters. We've raised over 5 grand to book the theater and bands and doing marketing and we've tried to be as cost effective as possible. Since it's our first time doing something like this, we've learned about all the hardships learned from our mistakes. We've received some press but share this around, we want as many people to come as possible to raise money for a great cause.

The date is Saturday June 2, at the Capitol Theater. Doors at 5:30, show at 6:30.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Re: Rock Against Trump

Post by KristinNirvana » Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 am

I'd go but I'm already scheduled to work then.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud