Next Concert your going to??

This is where we talk about any and all live music. What shows have you seen? What are you seeing next?

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

sadie

Re: Next Concert your going to??

Post by sadie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:53 am

I'm still high from the Lanegan gig. What a wonderful man. I'm gonna do a copypaste, can't bother to write it all up again. Aku took few videos, but I'm too lazy to upload them, and they're not whole songs. Anyway, if any of you have the chance, go check him up this tour, the band is in such a good shape that there's no limit! Bought a tshirt, got my book and Gargoyle and Has God Seen My Shadow signed up. He said there's a chance for another book too, which is really great. Also, everyone should check out Christine Owman, she's a goddess! (I had something else to say too, but I just totally forgot..)
Yesterday was so. Good. Way better than I even expected! I was 3 seconds away from panic attack most of the gig, but I stayed ahead of it and survived until the end, and managed to relax for the signing. Yes, I was a bit awkward (especially on the photos) but I managed to open my mouth and actually speak 😂 great success! I also got a hug from the great Christine Owman, she's sure is something special 💜 I'd have so much to say, but I'll just shut up now. (oh I almost forgot, front row! Crucial for someone with little legs!)
Lanegan was really relaxed and smiley the whole gig. It was a bit confusing at first, but really nice cause he really seemed to enjoy being up there. Also, he was zero awkward at the signing. (all this might be cause he had his wonderful gf with him, both on stage and the signing, and the band sounded sooo good.) The Circus gig was good, but this was waaay better. Also, both Christine Owman and Joe Cardamone killed it. I rarely like the warm ups as much as I did now.
Also, setlist
Death's Head Tattoo
The Gravedigger's Song
Hit the City
Sister
Emperor
Nocturne

Deepest Shade(The Twilight Singers cover)
Beehive
Bleeding Muddy Water
Harborview Hospital
Ode to Sad Disco
Riot in My House
One Hundred Days
Harvest Home

Floor of the Ocean
Come to Me
Methamphetamine Blues

Encore:
One Way Street
Bombed

Mockingbirds
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 am

Foo Fighters.

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Wed May 09, 2018 4:49 pm

I’ll have to change my answer there, as I’m seeing Squeeze in Blackburn on the 25th.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 pm

MUDHONEY This Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 pm

I don't think I'll be able to make it to Mudhoney this Saturday or Melvins next week.
I do have Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, Napalm Death and Lamb of God (meh) in August in my hometown, which is neat tickets were good and affordable (not counting the shitty $20 concession fee).
Literally, the day after that show, I've got Black Label Society, Eyehategod and Corrosion of Conformity. I don't care much for BLS, they weren't able to make the last show (which was in Toronto back in January) but COC and EHG still played for $20 at another venue, so I saw that show and was left with a ticket I spent $50 on, BLS rescheduled and EHG and COC are coming back to open for them, plus they're still honoring the old tickets from the last show, so I'll get to see EHG and COC and technically for free minus the transportation costs.
Fattal Fest in Montréal this summer at the end of August, still haven't decided if I'm gonna go, just for how tedious and expensive and exhausting it is to go there again.
Then in September, going back to Toronto to see MC5 for the 50th anniversary of Kick Out The Jams, with a lineup of Wayne Kramer, Kim Thayil (Soundgarden), Dug Pinnick (King's X) and Brenden Canty (Fugazi).

I'd say this is the most concerts I've ever seen in a year, but then I have to remember I saw my friend's band (Legal Kill) eight times last year, haha.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 am

To bad Mudhoney isn't playing Call the Office!

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 am

I'm not surprised, bands don't tend to come to London unless they're of the mediocre radio rock variety, I think the best show we got in recent history was the Melvins in 2015, which I didn't get to see either. I know AIC was in Toronto a few days ago, but for $200 per ticket? Bend me over and screw me up the ass I ain't got that kind of money.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri May 11, 2018 5:10 am

So jealous that you're gonna see the MC50 thing! I was super happy that King's X came back to Germany exactly one year ago after eight years, hope they make it again!
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 pm

BleedTheFreak wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 am
I'm not surprised, bands don't tend to come to London unless they're of the mediocre radio rock variety, I think the best show we got in recent history was the Melvins in 2015, which I didn't get to see either. I know AIC was in Toronto a few days ago, but for $200 per ticket? Bend me over and screw me up the ass I ain't got that kind of money.

Once upon a time Call The Office was the place....I guess BIG bands are too big for that place these days.....early 2000s a lot of punk bands played there and the shows were about 10 bucks cheaper then Toronto plus you could park for free. I always prefered London to Toronto and threatened to move there several times. I see it has become a pinball bar which is awesome. I'd love to play one of those....hoping to play London in the fall. Will be heading to Chatham for sure as my buddy lives there so we have a place to crash. Possibly do Windsor too.
I'd watch AIC in a festival setting or pay $10 to see them but not more. They were never my thing and with an imposture singer I care wayyy less even. The listing I see says tickets were $59.50 to $120..... wayyyy to rich for me. Mudhoney is $20 which I'm stunned about.... I saw people online letting Breeders tickets go last weekend at the last minute for $20 which was tempting but I live an hour away from the venue and had no one to go with.

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Fri May 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah, my dad bought a ton of pinball machine (Kiss, Metallica, The Walking Dead) and sold them off to CTO shortly before he passed away.
(He used to work there in the 80s-90s or so, not sure the specifics or if it was before or after he moved to Seattle).