Favorite Love Battery album

Seattle's odd and unusual band blending psychedelic guitars, pulsating rhythms, driving beats and heartfelt vocals.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

What is your favorite Love Battery album?

Between The Eyes
24%
Dayglo&
48%
Far Gone
6%
Straight Freak Ticket
3%
Nehru Jacket (EP)
No votes
Confusion Au Go Go
18%

Total votes: 33

SunnyJim

Re: Favorite Love Battery album

Post by SunnyJim » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:21 pm

I got Straight Freak Ticket and Dayglo and Straight Freak Tickets definately my favorite! :) Sunny Jim is a really catchy song, I love it. Nehru Jacket is also a really cool song!
Holding back the fool again.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:56 pm

DAYGLO!!!!
such a great album. Sometimes a bit underrated but a nice record.

Lithium
Grunge zealot

Post by Lithium » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:19 am

for me it was an easy pick between the eyes. first album i ever heard of theirs and still my favorite. I think i first heard it in 2000.
Im very ape and very nice

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:28 am

you know, I'm still kinda surprised that confusion got 4 votes :shock: I mean, I still don't own it (shame shame) but is it really as good as their early nineties stuff?

by the way, far gone is perhaps their most underrated album. the title track is on par with out of focus.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:39 pm

incessantmace wrote:you know, I'm still kinda surprised that confusion got 4 votes :shock: I mean, I still don't own it (shame shame) but is it really as good as their early nineties stuff?

by the way, far gone is perhaps their most underrated album. the title track is on par with out of focus.
Confusion Au Go Go to me is different than their 90's releases, but each person prefers their own sound.
I agree that Far Gone is an underrated album, I didn't vote for it, but it's such a great album.

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Tue May 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Dayglo is my favorite - but Confusion Au Go Go is a VERY close second. After that is Between the Eyes.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

MetallicaFan247
Grunge maniac

Post by MetallicaFan247 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:55 am

I got into Love Battery after i joined this forum 3 years ago, i read some good things abut them so i bought all of their studio albums and since then i have absolutely loved them! they are up there in my list of favourite grunge bands. I think Dayglo is their best but i love Far Gone and Straight Freak Ticket.
How can i be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:04 am

Well done dude! I love it when people discover this band through forums or other fans (frankly, there's really no other way to do that nowadays) and love'em like we others do :)
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

MetallicaFan247
Grunge maniac

Post by MetallicaFan247 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:12 am

incessantmace wrote:Well done dude! I love it when people discover this band through forums or other fans (frankly, there's really no other way to do that nowadays) and love'em like we others do :)
I have discovered maybe 4 to 5 bands from this forum that i regularly listen to now, now that i'm back on the forum i hope to discover some more brilliant music! :)
How can i be lost?
If I've got nowhere to go.

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 am

Dayglo. It's so good

sadie

Post by sadie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:24 am

Had to vote for Dayglo, just cause it's too good.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:59 am

I used to be a die hard Dayglo fan too but you guys, Straight Freak Ticket has even better songs. The band fully embraces their love for the Byrds and crafted sixties pop here and channels it to brilliant numbers like the title track or Sunny Jim. Never fails!

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:11 am

Between the Eyes and Dayglo
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:10 pm

incessantmace wrote:I used to be a die hard Dayglo fan too but you guys, Straight Freak Ticket has even better songs. The band fully embraces their love for the Byrds and crafted sixties pop here and channels it to brilliant numbers like the title track or Sunny Jim. Never fails!
Yessss, Straight Freak Ticket-Drowning Sun, it's got that warbley-warbley sound to it. Much mellower album than Dayglo, to me you almost can't compare the two.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum