Suggestions

Seattle's odd and unusual band blending psychedelic guitars, pulsating rhythms, driving beats and heartfelt vocals.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Post Reply
sodajerk93
Grunge guru
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Suggestions

Post by sodajerk93 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 pm

So, I've never really listened to Love Battery. I tried to listen to Dayglo a couple years ago and just couldn't get into it, but my tastes have changed a lot since then so I'm gonna download some of their music. Anybody have any suggestions on what album is best or easiest to get into?
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

User avatar
evee103
Site Admin
Posts: 8768
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Suggestions

Post by evee103 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Dayglo was the first album I heard from them, and it immediately swept me away. It was an experience I tell ya! xD Try listening to it somewhere quiet or something? All of their albums are really good, I can't even choose a favorite, but I hope you're able to get into them! If not, it's ok though :3
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

sodajerk93
Grunge guru
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by sodajerk93 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:03 pm

evee103 wrote:Dayglo was the first album I heard from them, and it immediately swept me away. It was an experience I tell ya! xD Try listening to it somewhere quiet or something? All of their albums are really good, I can't even choose a favorite, but I hope you're able to get into them! If not, it's ok though :3
Thanks! I'm gonna download it now, and listen to it on headphones while falling asleep... Seems like an appropriate enough atmosphere I guess.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

User avatar
Logan Ruckman
Grunge maniac
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Suggestions

Post by Logan Ruckman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 pm







There's more, but that'll do for now, right?
Check Out Happy Katana- http://happykatana.wordpress.com

User avatar
ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Suggestions

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Best Love Battery songs in my opinion :)




If It Wasn't Me always makes me really happy & sad at the same time. Very powerful song.
weewooweewooweewooweewoooweewoooweeewoo
I feel like the world could explode right now, & I'd be happy...
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

sodajerk93
Grunge guru
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by sodajerk93 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 pm

You know, the music is really good, but I just can't seem to get into it for some reason. I feel like I should love it, but I just...like it. The only song that really moves me is "Between the Eyes", off the Grunge Years comp. Maybe someday it will click for me, like Green River, the U-Men, the Melvins, the Jesus Lizard, Alice in Chains, and the Screaming Trees did after months upon years of not "getting" them. I will say that video for Fuzz Factory is great though.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

User avatar
P A I V
Grunge God
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Under an overpass, by a highway
Contact:

Re: Suggestions

Post by P A I V » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 pm

The best Love Battery songs are:

Monkey Brain
One Small Step
Out of Focus
Confusion Au Go Go
Fuzz Factory
Guilty of Everything
Damaged
Side (With You)
Highway of Souls
Fuzz Factory
Image
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

User avatar
ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Suggestions

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Slugg wrote:The best Love Battery songs are:

Monkey Brain
One Small Step
Out of Focus
Confusion Au Go Go
Fuzz Factory
Guilty of Everything
Damaged
Side (With You)
Highway of Souls
Fuzz Factory
you put Fuzz Factory twice :) Which I agree on :) But no if it wasn't me. So this list is incomplete :P :P

As for you SodaJerk, I noticed the stuff you listed was way heavier than Love Battery, I also noticed you didn't list Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, or any softer bands in that list. So maybe this just isn't for you. There were always 2 sides of grunge to me, the heavy angry drug side & the soft flowy depressing side :) I love the soft stuff :D But the lyrics are always so dark, it's so contrasting. That's what I like about the softer bands.
But I noticed you put Screaming Trees in your list, they get soft at times :) "Nearly Lost You" & "If It Wasn't Me" have a lot of similarities I would say.

Have you heard Truly? That's a softer band I would say. They are really really good! I would recommend "Fast Stories... From Kid Coma"

The riff is so epic & long :D My favorite song by them!

Hater would be another band I would put in the "softer" side of grunge :P


Hazel is another amazing softer band :D

though I would just call it softer because of the chick :P It's still pretty heavy at times


Melvins, U-Men, Green River are old school & heavy :D Have you heard "Tad" or "Hog Molly"? I would say, maybe try to get into the heavier side of grunge :)

Blood Circus


Stymie (Stymie is too underground, you'll have to download it or go to their MySpace http://www.myspace.com/stymieband)


If you're looking for a little softer I'd recommend:
Big Satan Inc.



Gas Huffer & Swallow I would recommend if you like Mudhoney :)




Superconductor (From Canada I believe :D )



A lot of the stuff I posted is off of New Rage Records, so if you're looking for some GOOD underground Grunge, check the site :D
http://home.earthlink.net/~ademt/
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

sodajerk93
Grunge guru
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by sodajerk93 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:16 pm

ISayFuckYouSay... wrote:
Slugg wrote:The best Love Battery songs are:

Monkey Brain
One Small Step
Out of Focus
Confusion Au Go Go
Fuzz Factory
Guilty of Everything
Damaged
Side (With You)
Highway of Souls
Fuzz Factory
you put Fuzz Factory twice :) Which I agree on :) But no if it wasn't me. So this list is incomplete :P :P

As for you SodaJerk, I noticed the stuff you listed was way heavier than Love Battery, I also noticed you didn't list Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, or any softer bands in that list. So maybe this just isn't for you. There were always 2 sides of grunge to me, the heavy angry drug side & the soft flowy depressing side :) I love the soft stuff :D But the lyrics are always so dark, it's so contrasting. That's what I like about the softer bands.
But I noticed you put Screaming Trees in your list, they get soft at times :) "Nearly Lost You" & "If It Wasn't Me" have a lot of similarities I would say.

Have you heard Truly? That's a softer band I would say. They are really really good! I would recommend "Fast Stories... From Kid Coma"

The riff is so epic & long :D My favorite song by them!

Hater would be another band I would put in the "softer" side of grunge :P


Hazel is another amazing softer band :D

though I would just call it softer because of the chick :P It's still pretty heavy at times


Melvins, U-Men, Green River are old school & heavy :D Have you heard "Tad" or "Hog Molly"? I would say, maybe try to get into the heavier side of grunge :)

Blood Circus


Stymie (Stymie is too underground, you'll have to download it or go to their MySpace http://www.myspace.com/stymieband)


If you're looking for a little softer I'd recommend:
Big Satan Inc.



Gas Huffer & Swallow I would recommend if you like Mudhoney :)




Superconductor (From Canada I believe :D )



A lot of the stuff I posted is off of New Rage Records, so if you're looking for some GOOD underground Grunge, check the site :D
http://home.earthlink.net/~ademt/
Well I do love the softer side of things, it's not that. Mother Love Bone is one of my favorite bands, but I did "get" them after the first time I listened to them. Hater and Gas Huffer are pretty cool. And of course I've heard Tad... Another one of my favorites! Love Battery just doesn't have that catchiness that the Screaming Trees or Mother Love Bone seemed to have upon first listen--I'm sure I will listen to one of their songs in a couple months and get hooked, I always do with these bands. Thanks for all those links, I'm gonna check out that New Rage Records... Always happy to hear actual good underground music.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

User avatar
ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Suggestions

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 pm

sodajerk93 wrote:
ISayFuckYouSay... wrote:
Slugg wrote:The best Love Battery songs are:

Monkey Brain
One Small Step
Out of Focus
Confusion Au Go Go
Fuzz Factory
Guilty of Everything
Damaged
Side (With You)
Highway of Souls
Fuzz Factory
you put Fuzz Factory twice :) Which I agree on :) But no if it wasn't me. So this list is incomplete :P :P

As for you SodaJerk, I noticed the stuff you listed was way heavier than Love Battery, I also noticed you didn't list Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, or any softer bands in that list. So maybe this just isn't for you. There were always 2 sides of grunge to me, the heavy angry drug side & the soft flowy depressing side :) I love the soft stuff :D But the lyrics are always so dark, it's so contrasting. That's what I like about the softer bands.
But I noticed you put Screaming Trees in your list, they get soft at times :) "Nearly Lost You" & "If It Wasn't Me" have a lot of similarities I would say.

Have you heard Truly? That's a softer band I would say. They are really really good! I would recommend "Fast Stories... From Kid Coma"

The riff is so epic & long :D My favorite song by them!

Hater would be another band I would put in the "softer" side of grunge :P


Hazel is another amazing softer band :D

though I would just call it softer because of the chick :P It's still pretty heavy at times


Melvins, U-Men, Green River are old school & heavy :D Have you heard "Tad" or "Hog Molly"? I would say, maybe try to get into the heavier side of grunge :)

Blood Circus


Stymie (Stymie is too underground, you'll have to download it or go to their MySpace http://www.myspace.com/stymieband)


If you're looking for a little softer I'd recommend:
Big Satan Inc.



Gas Huffer & Swallow I would recommend if you like Mudhoney :)




Superconductor (From Canada I believe :D )



A lot of the stuff I posted is off of New Rage Records, so if you're looking for some GOOD underground Grunge, check the site :D
http://home.earthlink.net/~ademt/
Well I do love the softer side of things, it's not that. Mother Love Bone is one of my favorite bands, but I did "get" them after the first time I listened to them. Hater and Gas Huffer are pretty cool. And of course I've heard Tad... Another one of my favorites! Love Battery just doesn't have that catchiness that the Screaming Trees or Mother Love Bone seemed to have upon first listen--I'm sure I will listen to one of their songs in a couple months and get hooked, I always do with these bands. Thanks for all those links, I'm gonna check out that New Rage Records... Always happy to hear actual good underground music.
Oh for sure, Mother Love Bone is awesome :D Can't wait for the damn documentary!

& sorry guys, I couldn't help myself! I had to quote this giant poster after Soda quoted it :P :P
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

sodajerk93
Grunge guru
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by sodajerk93 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:05 am

Ha ha I did not mean to do that, it's just been a while since I posted on here. Yeah the Andy Wood movie should be cool, I just saw a trailer for a new Mudhoney movie too. These are exciting times we live in.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

User avatar
ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Suggestions

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:07 am

A mudhoney movie!?!?!? :D Awesome! You heard about Cameron Crowe's documentary on Pearl Jam? :D
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

sodajerk93
Grunge guru
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Post by sodajerk93 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:15 pm

http://mudhoneymovie.com/

Yep, it should be awesome. I heard about the Pearl Jam one, I'm excited for that too. Oh and the Screaming Trees will MAYBE release the album they recorded in 1999 according to Gary Lee Conner, not sure if you guys knew about that. Grungereport.net has become quite the indispensable resource for me lately.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

User avatar
ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Suggestions

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm

AWWWW DUDE I GOTTA BUY THAT MUDHONEY DOCUMENTARY :O :O :O

DUUUUUUDE! Look at all the cool background VHS'! VHS'!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone that says they like grunge without having this documentary in their collection (or on their computer :P) is getting a swift kick in the groin from me from now on :D
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

Post Reply