Confusion Au Go Go

Seattle's odd and unusual band blending psychedelic guitars, pulsating rhythms, driving beats and heartfelt vocals.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

evee103
Site Admin

Re: Confusion Au Go Go

Post by evee103 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Slugg wrote:I actually found both Flop and Love Battery albums in Seattle. I got Far Gone, Straight Freak Ticket and Nehru Jacket (not Dayglo or Confusion Au Go Go though :| ) and Whenever You're Ready by Flop.
GAAAAAHHHH SO MUCH ALBUM ENVY. You has no idea.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

[jonas]
Grunge fan

Post by [jonas] » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 am

One Small Step is an amazing song!

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:29 pm

This album has become one of my all time favorites. Love Battery is the only band that I listen to when I want to hear catchy poppy rock music. They are the only band that I need for that.

And god damn, the bass on this album is really great. Bruce Fairweather is a fantastic bass player.

And Monkey Brain, oh my GOD it is so good
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Whyyyy are we so similar? I didn't think anyone else appreciated Monkey Brain!!!!! Omgaw, the bass, especially at that one part towards the end of the song, is just soo SOO good. I always turn it up full volume for that part 8D

Oh, and of course harmonica. I'm a fucking sucker for harmonica. That sounds much worse than I intended.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm

evee103 wrote:Whyyyy are we so similar? I didn't think anyone else appreciated Monkey Brain!!!!! Omgaw, the bass, especially at that one part towards the end of the song, is just soo SOO good. I always turn it up full volume for that part 8D

Oh, and of course harmonica. I'm a fucking sucker for harmonica. That sounds much worse than I intended.
I LOOOVE harmonica! Especially when it's integrated into this kind of music, it's one of the coolest sounds you can put in a song like this. The "Pull the chain" part at the end of the song is just damn good songwriting. I just don't understand how Love Battery didn't get more recognized. They've got catchy, experimental yet totally radio viable, original sounding music. Every guy I know online and off that likes indie music doesn't know who they are and is into it when I show it to them.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm

That's why I like that Gumball song so much, harmonica just makes it...totally lifts it up. And this reminds me. We will spread the Love (Battery) through the t-shirts I'll make. Still haven't gotten blank t-shirts though D: Last time I looked I couldn't find any for you or me! Like, common, who doesn't carry blank tees?

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Slugg wrote: I just don't understand how Love Battery didn't get more recognized. They've got catchy, experimental yet totally radio viable, original sounding music. Every guy I know online and off that likes indie music doesn't know who they are and is into it when I show it to them.
Yes! It's like what the heck? I don't know anyone who has heard of Love Battery who doesn't like them, yet they are pretty underground.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

GrungeAddiction
Grunge prophet

Post by GrungeAddiction » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:57 am

love.Dead Boys. well, the whole album really~ i've been listening to it like non-stop
:|

Strohy
Grunge fan

Post by Strohy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am

Listened through the whole album a few days ago when I was wandering through the small place I have to call "home town".
That record seriously blew my mind away. Friend and Bass player of mine always says that CAGG is the worst album but I think with tracks like Colorblind, Monkey Brain and almost every other song on it, it is amazingly awesome.