ya know, I've never really heard anything similar to LB

Seattle's odd and unusual band blending psychedelic guitars, pulsating rhythms, driving beats and heartfelt vocals.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

SayHello2Heaven

Re: ya know, I've never really heard anything similar to LB

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Check out Room Nine, it's Ron's pre-Love Battery band. They kinda sound similiar to Love Battery for obvious reasons. Truly and Skin yard other than Room Nine are your best shot at sounding similiar to the infamous Love Battery.

HalfPastYou
Grunge fan

Post by HalfPastYou » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:53 am

Love Battery are probably my favorite alternative/grunge band... Classy lyrics, brilliant guitarwork, beautiful melodies and intense feeling in the vocals and overall atmosphere...

Where can I get in touch with some of Room Nine's material? I've always wanted to have a listen. :)
[color=#FF0000][b]Don't it make you smile.[/b][/color] :)

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 am

HalfPastYou wrote:
Where can I get in touch with some of Room Nine's material? I've always wanted to have a listen. :)
Buy the records? I'd be stunned if there were downloads somewhere, if you find any Dl please share them!

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 am

Here's their album "Voices... On a Summer's Day", courtesy of Lamestain blog (sadly seemingly defunct now).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1jw6in

You're very welcome :mrgreen:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 am

And that's why we love Jan! 8D

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:29 am

Dontchu love when spammers revive old threads?

Anyways, Love Battery is the best band to listen to on morphine/post-op. It takes you places maaaaaan. They have such a full sound, out-of-this-world geetars overlapping each other...just so great, and definitely very unique. No one even comes close to their sound.

I need to listen to them again soon.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 am

Love Battery, I think, will always be one of my favorite bands. Every single time people ask what bands I like I tell them about Love Battery because I want people to know about them. They're so full and strange and cohesive and amazing and totally unlike anyone else. When I went on my road trip the album I was looking for more than any other album was Dayglo, and I only could find Straight Freak Ticket, the Between The Eyes b/w Easter single (it was 30 bucks but I kinda might have stolen it from a store in Portland), Far Gone, and Nehru Jacket. Every time I found something of theirs I was baffled, because I must've gone to 25 or more record stores on my trip.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Slugg wrote:Love Battery, I think, will always be one of my favorite bands. Every single time people ask what bands I like I tell them about Love Battery because I want people to know about them. They're so full and strange and cohesive and amazing and totally unlike anyone else. When I went on my road trip the album I was looking for more than any other album was Dayglo, and I only could find Straight Freak Ticket, the Between The Eyes b/w Easter single (it was 30 bucks but I kinda might have stolen it from a store in Portland), Far Gone, and Nehru Jacket. Every time I found something of theirs I was baffled, because I must've gone to 25 or more record stores on my trip.

FUCK YES!!!! :lol:

Dayglo is hard to find, and expensive because of that. It's such a good album though, one of the top in my book. I played it over and over after I had my awful surgery in 2010.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Mother Love Battery?

The Doors open the doors of your mind (psyche) with their psychedelic music...... who knew?

Yes, I love Screaming Trees psychedelic sound, reminds me of Jimi Hendrix if he was in an alternative band.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:23 am

Slugg wrote:Love Battery, I think, will always be one of my favorite bands. Every single time people ask what bands I like I tell them about Love Battery because I want people to know about them. They're so full and strange and cohesive and amazing and totally unlike anyone else. When I went on my road trip the album I was looking for more than any other album was Dayglo, and I only could find Straight Freak Ticket, the Between The Eyes b/w Easter single (it was 30 bucks but I kinda might have stolen it from a store in Portland), Far Gone, and Nehru Jacket. Every time I found something of theirs I was baffled, because I must've gone to 25 or more record stores on my trip.
I am such a nice guy that I actually bought the album on German Amazon for a couple of bucks and sent it to Sadie because she couldn't get it in Finland :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(I'm back from Denmark by the way. The weather was crap for 5 out of 7 days, our kids nearly killed each other, and I think I know each and every line of dialogue from both Monsters, Inc. and Ice Age 3 by now :roll: :lol: )
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york