Just recieved a great cd in the mail (favourite song off far gone aswell)

Seattle's odd and unusual band blending psychedelic guitars, pulsating rhythms, driving beats and heartfelt vocals.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

LimoWreck
Grunge fan

Just recieved a great cd in the mail (favourite song off far gone aswell)

Post by LimoWreck » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:57 am

So, I just got "Far Gone" in the mail. I got it dirt cheap on amazon for like $4. I wanted to find it on its own but i'm too lazy to drive down to seattle and a few record stores around bellingham didn't have it so I said eff it and ordered it. Anyway, the album is fanfreakintastic! Played it on the way to work and had head of ringo stuck im my head. I never understood why people dislike this album over their other works. I really like the unpolished sound it really sounds authentic and grungy and the way half past you sounds is so freaking cool. Honestly I love Dayglo and Between the eyes but this one is right up there. I thank my girlfriend for getting me into Love Battery, I've always been big into soundgarden and all the other stuffs but never gave LB a proper listen until recently. Anyway glad I did and glad I got it. Tell me, what is your favourite song off of Far Gone? Mine would have to be half past you because I am in love with the sound of it.
Attachments
IMG_20160708_015616.jpg
Mmmm....
IMG_20160708_015616.jpg (33.03 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
Last edited by LimoWreck on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evee103
Site Admin

Re: Just recieved a great cd in the mail (favourite song off far gone aswell)

Post by evee103 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Hey man that's pretty sweet!! Was that album hard to find? If I remember correctly there was a Love Battery album that was hard to obtain, though I could be totally wrong here :lol:

You should go to the introduction section and say hi to everyone!
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

LimoWreck
Grunge fan

Post by LimoWreck » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:49 pm

evee103 wrote:Hey man that's pretty sweet!! Was that album hard to find? If I remember correctly there was a Love Battery album that was hard to obtain, though I could be totally wrong here :lol:

You should go to the introduction section and say hi to everyone!
Yeah It was, I was going to try and find it on my own but then I found out it was sort of rare so I just decided to look for it on the internet. Not even half as fun but I am just happy I got it and for such a steal too. Yeah I guess I outta introduce myself haha seems pretty dead tho. Lets bring it back to life!

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:11 pm

This board has plenty of Love Battery fans and I'm one of them
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Love Battery's Out Of Focus is like one of my favourite Grunge Songs ever!!!