Where would Nirvana be if Kurt lived...

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

marksingermiller
Grunge fanatic

Re: Where would Nirvana be if Kurt lived...

Post by marksingermiller »

Checks wrote:
Amplified wrote:
Checks wrote:Nahh, we gonna put certain things in perspective

He was a junkie.
He was a loser (cmon.. he was!)
He hated everything
He was an attention whore
He also sucked while get too much attention
I find this way too harsh.
It's the truth.. and nirvana is my fave band.. ever.

Think about it.. take away all the glorified shit.. and look at what he WAS

All that, that i've listed!
You havnt read enough about him ive read everything every biogrphy ect in depth no dis respect at all in that note cause ur a kewl dude

He wasnt actully a junkie wss.a pot head but yes but became one
Dnt think he wsd a looser cause he tried to go to rehab which I think would hav been hard for him

He didnt hate everything at the start and.krist has said few times he wss a funny guy

He.diddnt like attention at all ?

He.did find to much attention hard

First and formost he was a pot head the needles came later much later
Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

marksingermiller wrote:
Checks wrote:
He was a junkie.
He was a loser (cmon.. he was!)
He hated everything
He was an attention whore
He also sucked while get too much attention
You havnt read enough about him ive read everything every biogrphy ect in depth no dis respect at all in that note cause ur a kewl dude

Dnt think he wsd a looser cause he tried to go to rehab which I think would hav been hard for him

He didnt hate everything at the start and.krist has said few times he wss a funny guy

Meh, we have people on the forum who knows Kurt better than he knew himself. :P
And I think I have to agree with Checks on this one. Of course he was a loser, that was the whole thing, man!
The whole "seattle scene" was ridiculous and cheesy but it was intented, and that is what makes it so cool.
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
marksingermiller
Grunge fanatic

Wasnt havn a go thats why I said but a few things but like yer
All gd lol

Noticed krist is doin much better not as sad these days hangin with dav must b doin hm gd
Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks »

marksingermiller wrote:

I've read almost every single thing on kurt cobain, im obsessed by him. the whole story.
If he wasn't an attention whore then why did he used to PRETEND to be a junkie before he was one?
Why did he want to sign to a mjaor label? why did he constantly lie about stuff? like living under a bridge..?

He was still a junkie!! if i pick up the needle now.. that would make me a junkie.. not a stoner.. because i do weed now.

And he was a loser, he sucked! but.. he's just been glamourised by media.. an amazing artist (musicwise) though
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.
TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Post by TheBrothersMudd »

Checks wrote:
marksingermiller wrote:

I've read almost every single thing on kurt cobain, im obsessed by him. the whole story.
If he wasn't an attention whore then why did he used to PRETEND to be a junkie before he was one?
Why did he want to sign to a mjaor label? why did he constantly lie about stuff? like living under a bridge..?

He was still a junkie!! if i pick up the needle now.. that would make me a junkie.. not a stoner.. because i do weed now.

And he was a loser, he sucked! but.. he's just been glamourised by media.. an amazing artist (musicwise) though
He was an amazing visual artist as well, yeah but yeah, he craved the attention
yep
cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r »

Creeper113 wrote:
Checks wrote:Nahh, we gonna put certain things in perspective
he'd just have turned into like...some old guy that nobody really gave a flying shit about :lol:
Its probably unrealistic but I would opt for this one. I really think he could have had a successful solo career.

Its illogical to say that he would have refused to collaberate with other artist when the wheels were in motion to do a project with Stipe. It seemed like he enjoyed working with multiple musicians.
I really doubt Kurt would have associated with My Bloody Valentine, because he wasnt known to be associated with crappy music before so its safe to assume that he wouldnt have later in life :P
There are many more logical groups out there that he may have aided in getting out there in the public eye.
:evil:
He was a fan of Bob Mould. If he had lived, they would have crossed paths. Bob Mould? HUGE mbv fan. You know who else were fans of mbv?
J Mascis
Lou Barlow
Thurston Moore
Kim Gordon
Lee Ranaldo
Steve Shelley
Jim Reid
William Reid
Mary Lou Lord
Velocity Girl
Fugazi
William Gillespie
Billy Corgan
James Iha
Pastels
Swervedriver
Catherine Wheel
Ride
Many of these bands and figures were also fans of Nirvana.
Kevin Shields was also a big grunge fan. He toured with Dinosaur Jr, praised Nirvana, Mudhoney, and Soundgarden, and says he emulated "American and Australian noisey-grunge bands" like the aformentioned ones as well as the Scientists, the Cramps, the Velvet Underground, the Sonics, Swans, Big Black, the Royal Trux, Pussy Galore, and the Butthole Surfers, particularly on his first mini LP, second EP, and first LP.
Pretty much everyone in the indie-movement at the time liked mbv, and mbv was influenced, if even disliked, those bands. So, the idea that Nirvana and MBV may have crossed paths if Kurt had not commited suicicide is not an unlikely one, especially since they were influenced by a similar group of bands, played a similar style of music, were praised by the same/similar people,existed at the same time, and felt underneath the same pressures.
marksingermiller
Grunge fanatic

Checks wrote:
marksingermiller wrote:

Well constructive debate between two nirvana fans here lol which is good so i'll continue :)

I've read almost every single thing on kurt cobain, im obsessed by him. the whole story. ( Excellent can tell your a nirvana fan as am I :D )

He never pretended to be a junkie the media showed him as such, infact Kurt if he lied about anything lied for a short while about doing drugs at all as he didn't want to influence his fans though this was only a short spurt few phone interviews but he did lie on one phone interview about not doing that many drugs, so infact he never promoted drugs at all.

There is not one interview where he says drugs are great. so he didn't like to promote drugs at all

Sub pop signed him, and Sub pop wasn't that major at the time, If he wanted to be a big label band he would not have turned down big shows instead a hand full, plus in his own words needed food to eat, and it was only 60 grand the first sign for nevermind.

This is a misconcerption about living under the bridge in term as what do you define living, he was 15 and it was a frequent hang out, he did live there now and then, 2 weeks here and there, so he did live under the bridge just not long range of time, he hated home at 15.

What I meant by not a junkie as he was trying to get off the drugs, and a persons only as good as there last horse race so i prefur to think of him as a recovering drug addict, and it also depends what you do more he certainly smoked pot alot more than he done needles in the term addict, you could say he would be more addicted to pot than the needle,

And he was a loser, he sucked! but.. he's just been glamourised by media.. an amazing artist (musicwise) though [/quote]

Well this is what started it my convo and this debate , He wasn't a looser on many aspects, he finished one of the most difficult exams in the US military the Navy exam and passed it with flying colours, but come down stairs with a joint and infuriated his step father.

so he wasn't a looser in his intelligence he wasn't a looser in his creativity,

He wasn't even a looser as a father

the only thing he lost is his life .

The media glamourised him but thats not his fault,

Yes he was an amazing artist :)

cheers Friendly debate of course :D
Last edited by marksingermiller on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheBrothersMudd
Grunge zealot

Post by TheBrothersMudd »

Forgotten in the 90's with every other grunge band that didn't have a lead singer die, lead singer make an awful band with Rage Against The Machine w/o Zack De La Rocha, and Pearl Jam just sucks.
yep
Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

marksingermiller wrote:Sub pop signed him, and Sub pop wasn't that major at the time, If he wanted to be a big label band he would not have turned down big shows instead a hand full, plus in his own words needed food to eat, and it was only 60 grand the first sign for nevermind.
He would probably had gone with DGC from the beginning if he just could. :o
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
sadie

Post by sadie »

There's that one thing that people forget, that junkies lie. To themselves, and to others. Hell, even if they write a diary, they'll lie there too. That's how it goes.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks »

marksingermiller wrote:
Checks wrote:
marksingermiller wrote:

Well constructive debate between two nirvana fans here lol which is good so i'll continue :)

I've read almost every single thing on kurt cobain, im obsessed by him. the whole story. ( Excellent can tell your a nirvana fan as am I :D )

He never pretended to be a junkie the media showed him as such, infact Kurt if he lied about anything lied for a short while about doing drugs at all as he didn't want to influence his fans though this was only a short spurt few phone interviews but he did lie on one phone interview about not doing that many drugs, so infact he never promoted drugs at all.

There is not one interview where he says drugs are great. so he didn't like to promote drugs at all

Sub pop signed him, and Sub pop wasn't that major at the time, If he wanted to be a big label band he would not have turned down big shows instead a hand full, plus in his own words needed food to eat, and it was only 60 grand the first sign for nevermind.

This is a misconcerption about living under the bridge in term as what do you define living, he was 15 and it was a frequent hang out, he did live there now and then, 2 weeks here and there, so he did live under the bridge just not long range of time, he hated home at 15.

What I meant by not a junkie as he was trying to get off the drugs, and a persons only as good as there last horse race so i prefur to think of him as a recovering drug addict, and it also depends what you do more he certainly smoked pot alot more than he done needles in the term addict, you could say he would be more addicted to pot than the needle,

Well this is what started it my convo and this debate , He wasn't a looser on many aspects, he finished one of the most difficult exams in the US military the Navy exam and passed it with flying colours, but come down stairs with a joint and infuriated his step father.

so he wasn't a looser in his intelligence he wasn't a looser in his creativity,

He wasn't even a looser as a father

the only thing he lost is his life .

The media glamourised him but thats not his fault,

Yes he was an amazing artist :)

cheers Friendly debate of course :D[/quote]

Look,mate.. kurt lied about lots of things.. the navy test. he SUCKED at maths apparently.. you honestly think the navy would have left him alone if he passed with flying colours?

Man.. you need to stop believing crap :lol:
kurt sucked.
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.
cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

sadie wrote:There's that one thing that people forget, that junkies lie. To themselves, and to others. Hell, even if they write a diary, they'll lie there too. That's how it goes.
So...
He did have sex with the chick who was retarded! And he didn't listen to the Raincoats until after singing their praises to impress Eugene Kelly and Thurston Moore and Tad and such! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
sadie

Post by sadie »

Probably and might be. We will never know for sure.

//edit. Although he wasn't a junkie when that girl thing happened and I meant mostly drug related things, how much they use, are they really junkies etc.

He had flaws. He was all the good things, and probably the bad ones too, and there's nothing wrong with that. The bad things won't take anything away from him or make him less, those just make him human.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Yes, but he was an acid head when that happened. And believe you me,
ACID HEADS LIE
sadie

Post by sadie »

All people lie, people who do drugs just seem to make it more often.