Where would Nirvana be if Kurt lived...

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

evee103
Site Admin

Re: Where would Nirvana be if Kurt lived...

Post by evee103 »

b4 he was murder.
Lawl!!!!

Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum
cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r »

My selfish attempt at a timeline:
1994-Talked down from suicide. Goes through rehab. Quits heroin. Takes up acid. Release of final Nirvana album,"Mental Machinated Music". One actual song (You Know You're Right), followed by 30 minutes of layered feedback and a two minute childish nursery rhyme by William Burroughs on a toy piano with same riff as SLTS. The ultimate fuck you in alternative music history. Divorces Love. Leaves Geffen. Sees Frances for half the week. Gains attention for producing Melvins album
1995- Does record reminiscent of REM, Big Black, Talk Talk and Vaselines on KRS records, called "Ivagination", produced by Ian Burgess and Steve Albini. Critically acclaimed in zine circuit. Introduces remaining fans to even more new music, such as Breathless (addressed in a "bibliography of the disc", My Bloody Valentine (a letter to Kevin Shields is included in the liner notes, warning him to "not do what I tried"), and Arnold Schoenberg (who has a peice named after him on the album). Begins relationship with Mary Lou Lord. Kurt signs to Creation in the UK.
1996-After short break and rehearsal with live band (Pat Smear on guitar, Dale Crover on bass, Roland :wink2: on drums), Kurt does tour of US with Mudhoney and tour of Europe with Slowdive, who headline a Creation Records festival with Kurt, Sugar, Ride, Primal Scream, and St. Etienne among others. Kurt meets Kevin Shields.
1997-Kurt produces new My Bloody Valentine record, issues on his own label (Spank Thru Records), along with reissues of their EPs from the 1980's, a boxset of demos
, performances and rarities and a remaster of the seminal Ecstasy and Wine.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

cupid_come_as_u_r wrote:My selfish attempt at a timeline:
1994-Talked down from suicide. Goes through rehab. Quits heroin. Takes up acid. Release of final Nirvana album,"Mental Machinated Music". One actual song (You Know You're Right), followed by 30 minutes of layered feedback and a two minute childish nursery rhyme by William Burroughs on a toy piano with same riff as SLTS. The ultimate fuck you in alternative music history. Divorces Love. Leaves Geffen. Sees Frances for half the week. Gains attention for producing Melvins album
1995- Does record reminiscent of REM, Big Black, Talk Talk and Vaselines on KRS records, called "Ivagination", produced by Ian Burgess and Steve Albini. Critically acclaimed in zine circuit. Introduces remaining fans to even more new music, such as Breathless (addressed in a "bibliography of the disc", My Bloody Valentine (a letter to Kevin Shields is included in the liner notes, warning him to "not do what I tried"), and Arnold Schoenberg (who has a peice named after him on the album). Begins relationship with Mary Lou Lord. Kurt signs to Creation in the UK.
1996-After short break and rehearsal with live band (Pat Smear on guitar, Dale Crover on bass, Roland :wink2: on drums), Kurt does tour of US with Mudhoney and tour of Europe with Slowdive, who headline a Creation Records festival with Kurt, Sugar, Ride, Primal Scream, and St. Etienne among others. Kurt meets Kevin Shields.
1997-Kurt produces new My Bloody Valentine record, issues on his own label (Spank Thru Records), along with reissues of their EPs from the 1980's, a boxset of demos
I liked some of that except for the MBV.... :geek:
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
Gerrit
Grunge guru

Post by Gerrit »

Well Kurt did say he was quitting the band. So, my thought is Kurt would've divorced Courtney, Dave would have less material for Foo Fighters and Krist...dear god it's hard to tell where he'd end up. :P
Learnalilgivinandlovin
ImageImage
P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V »

This is waaay too specific.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person
cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r »

Beyond Jaded
Grunge maniac

Post by Beyond Jaded »

Probably irrelevance.
marksingermiller
Grunge fanatic

Post by marksingermiller »

This is how it would have gone,

Kurt went to rehab because of frances he wanted to get of the drugs at least the hard drugs heroiin,
I think he would have kept smoking pot though, cause he like pot, when he past his navy exam with flying colours that his stepdad wanted him to do he came down the stairs and denied and didnt want to join the navy he pasted the navy exam with flying colours, but was only to impress his stepdad, he walked down the stairs with a joint.

his stepfather was furious, kurt walked down the stairs with a joint

and that was the end of the navy but he passed the test with flying colours

Kurt went to rehab for his daughter so he was going to give up heroin

I think he would have just ended up staying with the pot which in the beginning half his songs came from

so this is how it would have happend kurt would , i mean something happend when he come out of rehab i'm not going on to that subject

but this what would have happpend kurt gives up the needle he just becomes a stoner again as he was in the beginning

this is going to be very long post, okay after in utero kurt started asking for more money and percentage which krist and dave did to try and make kurt happy , kurt got married, ect krist did not attend the wedding

dave and krist accepted kurts more perecentage to make kurt happy

back to what would have happend

so kurt gets out of rehab he gets of the heroin, he goes back to just smoking pot

he loves his daughter thats why he went to rehab,

so (past the point of coming out of rehab and what happend in his death)

he gets of heroin

he stays with nirvana he goes back to just pot they create one more awsome albulm

he splits up with courtney ,

dave and krist ask for there percentage fair back of the band which kurt does

goes back to normal percentage of royalties of nirvana for kurt, krist, and dave

dave never creates the foo fighters

but kurt would never create another song, he would be like eminem (sorry for the resembulance)
but kurt would never do interviews he would never go on the cribs he would never join with pop artists to join with songs
he would just be in his house and never go in the media at all

He would never go solo, he would never produce, he would just be silent, but he would do a reunioun

he would never go solo deep down he and krist had something, kurt would never go solo

kurt would never creat another song with the band

but he would join for the reunion

frances would live with kurt and hed bring her up himself
Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks »

Nahh, we gonna put certain things in perspective

He was a junkie.
He was a loser (cmon.. he was!)
He hated everything
He was an attention whore
He also sucked while get too much attention

he probs woulda OD'd anyway..

he woulda tried to kill himself a few times.. woulda gone on the news bout it
He'd get divorced.. release an album that sucked shit..done more drugs..not done anything for years then turned up dead from heroin od..

simple,

OR

he'd just have turned into like...some old guy that nobody really gave a flying shit about :lol:
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.
Creeper113
Grunge prophet

Post by Creeper113 »

Checks wrote:Nahh, we gonna put certain things in perspective
he'd just have turned into like...some old guy that nobody really gave a flying shit about :lol:
Its probably unrealistic but I would opt for this one. I really think he could have had a successful solo career.

Its illogical to say that he would have refused to collaberate with other artist when the wheels were in motion to do a project with Stipe. It seemed like he enjoyed working with multiple musicians.
I really doubt Kurt would have associated with My Bloody Valentine, because he wasnt known to be associated with crappy music before so its safe to assume that he wouldnt have later in life :P
There are many more logical groups out there that he may have aided in getting out there in the public eye.
Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

I think he probably would have gotten remarried to someone a lot less cooler and made an alright-ish album a few years later because he'd lost the creative spark 'cause he'd been too busy living his life and music had changed and become shit.
sadie

Post by sadie »

Well, I'd like to say that they'd be together making awesome music, but the truth is, not a chance. I believe that he would've gone solo and doing more art.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
Joy Division
Grunge fan

Post by Joy Division »

Optimist perspective on it.

He stays with Nirvana and they make a few hit songs before getting generic. Retires and lives on making songs for children(lol)

Pessimist perspective on it.

He leaves Nirvana to start solo career and sucks big time at it. Love divorces him and he loses money and child. Goes on feeble attempt as judge of American Idol and continues being a drug addict. Ends up committing suicide.

In reality it be a mix of both. He'd be loved still but not nearly on the scale he is now(something of mystical rock icon of sorts). Nirvana would probably come back together and do a album some where in the 2000's and that's about it. Wouldn't surprise me to see them at the "Where are they now.." shows.
Amplified
Grunge maniac

Post by Amplified »

He was a junkie.
He hated everything
I find this way too harsh.
Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks »

Amplified wrote:

He was a junkie.
He hated everything
I find this way too harsh.
It's the truth.. and nirvana is my fave band.. ever.

Think about it.. take away all the glorified shit.. and look at what he WAS

All that, that i've listed!
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.