Where would Nirvana be if Kurt lived...

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

harmony90
Grunge God

Re: Where would Nirvana be if Kurt lived...

Post by harmony90 »

Nirvana would pause, and do a a comeback.... I don't think that they would loose their polularity
Want to listen to something different?
Take a listen to the Höstan Project

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject
Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat »

harmony90 wrote:Nirvana would pause, and do a a comeback.... I don't think that they would loose their polularity
...and then he would've died.

Being über-popular when you don't really wanna + media + frail personality + drug addiction = Suicide?
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]
harmony90
Grunge God

Post by harmony90 »

:P

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

harmony90 wrote:Nirvana would pause, and do a a comeback.... I don't think that they would loose their polularity
Doubt it
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
harmony90
Grunge God

Post by harmony90 »

Why? Remember that KC wanted to drop nirvana several times... BUt it was the suicide that stopped nirvana wasnt it?

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Nirv were on their way to oblivion regardless of Kurt's "health problems". There was a very interesting and funny timeline in a Spin issue from 2004 where they sketched out Kurt and the band's further ventures had he not killed himself in 1994. "Events" included the band dissolving in 1994, Kurt first recording a singer/songwriter album to little commercial success and then doing a study in atonal composition on the Kill Rock Stars label, him getting divorced from Courtney (with him getting custody over Frances Bean because according to the judge he was "more, you know, together" than Ms. Love :lol: ) and ultimately starting a career in painting. Finally in 2004 (!) Nirvana are rumoured to get back together and finally Kurt and Courtney getting remarried. The final entry was a day after their remarriage reading "Oct 11, 2004: Love goes completely nuts. The universe is at peace." :lol:

I wonder if this story can be found online cuz I don't feel like typing it all in, but it's worth a read.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Thank you jan
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
Dumb
Grunge fanatic

Post by Dumb »

PJ92SOLAT wrote:
Dumb wrote:Exactly. Kurt's frail personality and drug addiction was Nirvana's downfall anyway.

In the last couple of months before his death, Kurt withdrew further and further; pushing away everyone he knew and loved.

It was in these times that Nirvana practically dissolved as a band.
I think that he was pushing people cause he knew that he was going to kill himself. He said to his sister that he wanted to die when he was going be 27 to be in the "27 Club". I think that his suicide was envisaged since a long time.
Yeah, his life was planned out already. Even in his youth ( :) ) he joked about becoming a rock star and blowing his brains out at the age of 27. So he kinda had an expiry date in some ways.
[color=#FF0000][size=85]Hello[/size]
Hello
[size=150]Hello[/size]
[size=200]How Low[/size][/color]
thispaceforent
Grunge fan

Post by thispaceforent »

infinitegrunge wrote:Kurt said it would have been more psychedelic, have longer songs, and more unusual song structures.
so maybe kinda like tool?
Why Can We Not Be Sober? Just Want To Start This Over
infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge »

thispaceforent wrote:
infinitegrunge wrote:Kurt said it would have been more psychedelic, have longer songs, and more unusual song structures.
so maybe kinda like tool?
Hahaha
myuserid
Grunge guru

Post by myuserid »

incessantmace wrote:Nirv were on their way to oblivion regardless of Kurt's "health problems". There was a very interesting and funny timeline in a Spin issue from 2004 where they sketched out Kurt and the band's further ventures had he not killed himself in 1994. "Events" included the band dissolving in 1994, Kurt first recording a singer/songwriter album to little commercial success and then doing a study in atonal composition on the Kill Rock Stars label, him getting divorced from Courtney (with him getting custody over Frances Bean because according to the judge he was "more, you know, together" than Ms. Love :lol: ) and ultimately starting a career in painting. Finally in 2004 (!) Nirvana are rumoured to get back together and finally Kurt and Courtney getting remarried. The final entry was a day after their remarriage reading "Oct 11, 2004: Love goes completely nuts. The universe is at peace." :lol:

I wonder if this story can be found online cuz I don't feel like typing it all in, but it's worth a read.
I remember picking this up at the time it came out.

Anyway, here's a link......http://www.spin.com/articles/about-man
[img]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww179/myuserid23/Signatures/nirsig.jpg[/img]
Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat »

^I'm definatly reading that sometime very soon. Thank you, dude.
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]
Wolf_grrrl
Grunge guru

Post by Wolf_grrrl »

Heh, I saw a comic(or cartoon?) in a newspaper once that was very similar to this :lol:
Pure Ed
Grunge fan

Post by Pure Ed »

i think the music world would be a lot richer. Kurt already had plans to do 2 side projects b4 he was murder. i bet half the crap thats is out now wouldnt be here, and great music would still rule the radio airways.
Visit my bands page to find all our links PureEdBand.com
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

Pure Ed wrote:i think the music world would be a lot richer. Kurt already had plans to do 2 side projects b4 he was murder. i bet half the crap thats is out now wouldnt be here, and great music would still rule the radio airways.
Agreed. The stuff that they play now generally sucks. It would have been amazing to have a few more years of Kurt and to see what he would do.